• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lindsey Vonn Credits Success To Really Good Ski Poles

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
VANCOUVER—World Champion skier and Olympic gold medal favorite Lindsey Vonn admitted yesterday that the secret to her success is her "really, really good ski poles." "There's no way I would have won 31 World Cup races without these great, great ski poles," Vonn told reporters during a press conference, noting that without the top-of-the-line ski poles, it would be difficult for her to maintain her balance or change directions during competition. "I use them a lot because I'm always skiing, and they haven't broken in half or anything. I think they're really expensive too, like over 50 bucks." Vonn, who said she was unsure if her ski poles were made of graphite or carbon fiber, urged reporters to trust her when she said that "whatever they're made of is definitely the best."

Source: The Onion