• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top three favorite mountains and why...

ChileMass

Right on nrthest!! Whiteface is fantastic. If you haven't been ther, you have to go. The biggest vertical in the East and Lake Placid rules......

nrthest

ChileMass -- yeah, Whiteface is great. Spent xmas--newyears there last year, and another weekend in Feb. The mountain and LakePlacid were awesome..

To put my 1/2/3 list of Whiteface/jimpeak/killington in perspective, i have not been to a *lot* of the potentially good places in vt, nh, me yet.

Been local -- powderridge(puff), skisundow, mountsouthington. For skiing, they are yawn, ~little better, yawn. I'm learing to board though, so ~anything will do for that for now.

Also been to butternut, hunter, jimpeak, killlington, mt snow, and whiteface. So... lot's of good stuff to try yet..

Honorable mention to mt snow ~only on riptide -- that was a pretty friggin' sick hill... :)

New places on my list for this year:
okemo, mt orford, jay peak -- booked 'em already.

maybe stratton or stowe also, and i'd like to do the drive to maine if worth it.

[Good] suggestions if I'm lookin' for something with a nice collection of black diamonds and LONG runs like Whiteface?

ChileMass

[Good] suggestions if I'm lookin' for something with a nice collection of black diamonds and LONG runs like Whiteface?[/quote]

nrthest - my suggestions are always Sugarloaf and Stowe. Sugarloaf is a HAUL from CT, and once you get there, there ain't much there other than the village at the mountain, but that's OK, there are a couple fo fun places to party, and the locals really like to rip it up. Stowe has some great challenging terrain - you have never skied anything like Goat, trust me. Either of those will blow your mind.......