• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nepaug 4/22

Grassi21

wish i could. lax practice at 4:30...

i want to get one or both of my dogs into going on a ride with me. probably hard to contain 2 dogs and one of them isn't quite the athlete as the other.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
emma is good. she's trained well... meaning she stays behind me. When i ride with other people i just drop into down hill sections last, makes it easier. As far as other dogs and mountain biking... if we cross paths with another dog/bike it's a non-issue. Haven't tried 2 dogs / 2 bikes...

2knees

cant do this one but i really would like to tag along with you at some point this year. Please post up the next time you're going.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
cant do this one but i really would like to tag along with you at some point this year. Please post up the next time you're going.

every day m-f @ 4... weekends are iffy depending on chores. usually my saturdays and sundays are in Pennwood.

probably not this weekend thoguh. yard work and zamboni are going to eat my whole weekend

Grassi21

emma is good. she's trained well... meaning she stays behind me. When i ride with other people i just drop into down hill sections last, makes it easier. As far as other dogs and mountain biking... if we cross paths with another dog/bike it's a non-issue. Haven't tried 2 dogs / 2 bikes...

cool. i am going to start my older dog out first. she is great with off leash commands and has the wind to keep up.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
I've driven by there a couple times in the last few days, I've never really heard much about it. How's the riding there?

"technical" haha... very rocky. I like it. It's pretty demanding as far as cross country riding goes. no features anywhere. A couple sections with some real good rythem that last for a while, and the climbs aren't torture. it runs along the ridge between 185 and 189. The metacommet trail runs through it, also technical with some very entertaining sections.

negatives include the out and back feeling... not very loopy.

860.810.7417 is the cell, i also update the dorkbook before rides. www.facebook.com jarrod moss

Last edited:

MR. evil

"technical" haha... very rocky. I like it. It's pretty demanding as far as cross country riding goes. no features anywhere. A couple sections with some real good rythem that last for a while, and the climbs aren't torture. it runs along the ridge between 187 and 189. The metacommet trail runs through it, also technical with some very entertaining sections.

860.810.7417 is the cell, i also update the dorkbook before rides. www.facebook.com jarrod moss

Sounds like a fun ride!

bvibert

Staff member
"technical" haha... very rocky. I like it. It's pretty demanding as far as cross country riding goes. no features anywhere. A couple sections with some real good rythem that last for a while, and the climbs aren't torture. it runs along the ridge between 187 and 189. The metacommet trail runs through it, also technical with some very entertaining sections.

Sounds like fun, and not especially far away. I'll definitely check it out sometime.