• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me...

Zand

Ouch. 4:30 and the sun's already gone. If there's one thing that I hate about winter, it's losing daylight savings. Looks like it might even set before 4 come December. It seems to be earlier and earlier every year.

Granola Dude

Website
ctcarenthusiast.6.forumer.com
Zand said:
It seems to be earlier and earlier every year.

Oh dear.. the one thing we have all feared for so many years... Planet Earth has kicked it into fifth gear!! faster and faster and out of control as we hurl through the galaxy!! day is night, sun is moon, bagels are muffins... oh where will it end!?!?!

sorry, i'm a bit bored

ctenidae

Cats and dogs, living together...

It is nice, though, that it's light when I take the dog out in teh morning. At least for the moment. Downside is that it actually wakes me up. When it's dark, I can go out, he can do his business, and I can still be asleep.

skibum1321

The sunlight in the morning is a nice start to the day for sure. The problem is it's dark when I get out of work :angry:

hammer

skibum1321 said:
The sunlight in the morning is a nice start to the day for sure. The problem is it's dark when I get out of work :angry:
The one good thing about it being dark at 5:00 is that at least there aren't as many solar delays on the commute home... :)

Greg

Staff member
I usually struggle with adjusting to DST changes, but this Fall, it hasn't been too bad...

skibum1321

hammer said:
skibum1321 said:
The one good thing about it being dark at 5:00 is that at least there aren't as many solar delays on the commute home... :)
I hit way more delays on the commute home last night. For some reason everyone seemed to be struggling with driving in the dark. Stupid Massholes - I wanna move back to VT.

hammer

skibum1321 said:
hammer said:
skibum1321 said:
I hit way more delays on the commute home last night. For some reason everyone seemed to be struggling with driving in the dark. Stupid Massholes - I wanna move back to VT.
Halloween is always a bad afternoon commute day...

I feel your pain, though. Been doing the Rt. 3 shuffle for many years, had a lot of hope with the expansion, but it didn't help enough. :x

As far as the DST changes are concerned, I tend to have more problems in the spring than in the fall. Waking up in the morning is tough when your body thinks it's 4:30 AM...

Mike P.

Changes for 2006:

For the past several years we have sprung ahead on the first Sunday in April (used to be last Sunday) & Fallen Back on the last Sunday in October

In 70's energy crisis they changed earlier but kids were waiting for buses in dark & walking to school in dark

Nexy year we Spring ahead in Winter 03/12/2006 & will fall back on the first Sunday in November.

If I was a skier, I'd be whining about places being open until 5:00 or 5:30 after 03/12, there will be more sun.

Greg

Staff member
Mike P. said:
Nexy year we Spring ahead in Winter 03/12/2006 & will fall back on the first Sunday in November.

If I was a skier, I'd be whining about places being open until 5:00 or 5:30 after 03/12, there will be more sun.
Cool! Should make for great post-spring skiing libations! :beer: