• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beer cycling jersey?

BigJay

I've been to a bunch of company website and was amazed at how many micro-brewries are offering cycling jersey...

Do you own one? If you could get any jersey made out, for which beer would it be?

For me, Dogfish Head as a pretty nice jersey! It's very retro... looks like a kitchen wall from the 60s... I'm surprised that Harpoon doesn't have nice cycling jerseys (IMO)... they have 2 models available... but they don't stand out...

A nice Sierra Nevada jersey would have been killier... but the one they have is pretty "standard" for my tastes... Great Divide (CO) as a cool one... but a tad too standard...

So what are your findings? Which beer cycling socks rules?

bike1.jpg
bike2.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Like the graphical bottles in the back pocket of the Dogfish Head jersey. :beer:

I don't wear cycling jerseys. I imagine people prefer it that way. ;) But if I could pick any, I bet Magic Hat would have something that's pretty rad.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'd love an Ipswitch Ale jersey... preferably Oatmeal Stout.

Ooor, a SA Cream Stout jersey with something lewd and blatant on it, like... Want great head? Try Cream Stout.

wa-loaf

I'd love an Ipswitch Ale jersey... preferably Oatmeal Stout.

Ooor, a SA Cream Stout jersey with something lewd and blatant on it, like... Want great head? Try Cream Stout.

P.S.

As the Town of Ipswich’s 375th Anniversary approaches, Mercury Brewing will be releasing, in limited quantity, 1.5 liter bottles of strong ales. The first in the series will be the Ipswich Imperial Stout.

mlctvt

I've got two Mexican Beer jerseys that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago they're Sol and Tecate.
I think it's a great way to advertise. So many other riders make comments to me when I wear these jerseys. Usually it's something like " I could go for one of those right now"

BigJay

I don't wear cycling jerseys. I imagine people prefer it that way. ;) But if I could pick any, I bet Magic Hat would have something that's pretty rad.

I'm not a huge fan of Magic Hat beer... but they did make jerseys a couple years ago with Louis Garneau:

Men :: Number 9
Women :: Hocus Pocus

num9.gif
hocuspocus.gif

And now they have a pretty complete collection:

Women :: Jynx
jinx.gif

Women :: hIPA
hipajerseyfront_sm.png

Men :: Circus Boy
cbjerseyfront_sm.png

Talisman

I like to ride my mountain bike and love beer, but I'm too cheap to fork out the big bucks for a beer logo biking jersey which I will rip and get muddy in short order.

I think Harpoon, Rock Art, Dogfish Head and Lon Trail owe me a jersey after all of their products I have purchased.

Greg

Staff member
I like to ride my mountain bike and love beer, but I'm too cheap to fork out the big bucks for a beer logo biking jersey which I will rip and get muddy in short order.

Best place to buy shirts for riding? Target. Synthetic short-sleeve Champion "athletic" shirts are about 12 bucks.

BigJay

I think Harpoon, Rock Art, Dogfish Head and Lon Trail owe me a jersey after all of their products I have purchased.

Well, i wear a jersey every single day... Biking to work year-round... or biking on weekends... So i have a bunch of jerseys... but also haven't bought any in the past 3-4 years... so i'm up for new stuff! I'm a kid at the candy store right now...

We spend fortunes on our sports each year... you just need to figure where you want to spend that money... i hardly spend anything as far as lodging and dining goes... but beer and clothes count for a good percentage... why not combine them! :wink:

Talisman

Best place to buy shirts for riding? Target. Synthetic short-sleeve Champion "athletic" shirts are about 12 bucks.

I have some jerseys free from CT NEMBA for being a trail ambassador and have a few old 'comp' jerseys. A biking jersey is better than a t shirt because of the pockets which are handy for stowing items that I don't want in a camel back like a inner tube covered with slime.

Greg

Staff member
otherwise, it's Target Champion wicking t-shirts.

I noticed a dude we were riding with last night was also sporting the Target Champion wear. Good stuff for the price.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I've spoiled myself over the past couple years buying $30 jerseys. This year I bought a $50 one... I guess I'll buy one per year if I need one, and one needs retiring. I can definitely say there is a big difference in the quality and feel of the material at that price difference. But in general, I prefer to wear a cycling jersey for road riding because they're cut longer in the back so they don't ride halfway up your back, they have the nice big three pockets, and they can unzip in the front for hot weather.

For MTB, I don't care so much about the pockets since I use the camelbak, the cut is less important since I'm more upright on the MTB, although the zipper is still nice. I overheat readily.