• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Time-Out?

Should we institute temporary bans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekchick

My question would be why do they need an invite??? And maybe the person complaining is just a frggin wuss that should suck it up. Dunno really, guess that's why I asked.
I didn't say that there should be an invite.
Let me clarify.....
Say you're at a party and asking someone a question then you're interrupted by someone who adds content to the flow, whether it is humour, interesting hijack or solid content, that is welcomed, but then have the idiot cousin butt in and break the flow with insults and further proof of how much he adds to the party, and you have to ask yourself........
Who invited him/her to the party?

Every thread gets interrupted that has over about 5 replys. People start hyjacking, answer the question they want to answer instead of the one asked or just kidding around with each other about goat sex or what not.

I agree it can be annoying, but that's the way it is, people want to have fun with it.

see note above ^^^

I'm not suggesting that the idiot cousin should be banned or even put in time out, but I can see that there can be some concern when the idiot cousin consistently starts at brawls and gets the police called out on the party.

campgottagopee

I didn't say that there should be an invite.
Let me clarify.....
Say you're at a party and asking someone a question then you're interrupted by someone who adds content to the flow, whether it is humour, interesting hijack or solid content, that is welcomed, but then have the idiot cousin butt in and break the flow with insults and further proof of how much he adds to the party, and you have to ask yourself........
Who invited him/her to the party?

QUOTE]

I know, I get it---guess trivial crap like that doesn't bother me---it's the internet, so it really doesn't matter.

Holy crap. It's only 5%?

It's a good thing you work for a small family company, otherwise you'd either have been fired for your emails or have improved the filter a bit.

Well, good for you. Benefit to the general population is debatable.

I do like looking at pictures of hot meteorologists at work..and as far as my humor goes..people either love it, hate it or don't get it..oh well..I think I'm an asset to Alpinezone and for this next season..I'd like to start shooting video like the CLITs...When are you going to Whistler?

ComeBackMudPuddles

You probably wouldn't fit.

I agree..can't you call me obese or something..even though I'm technically just overweight based on my BMI..lol...

this is an example of why it's hard to moderate personal attacks....when i read HPD's post, i figured he was talking about how the CLITs probably wouldn't accept him into their inner circle, but, i now can see how GSS could have taken it as a personal attack against his fat, overweight, obese, limp, unattractive body (if you can even technically call it a "body").

just pay them no mind, GSS. you're big-boned, not ridiculously fat, and, anyway, that full body FUPA you carry around helps you go faster on the slopes, so it's a good thing.

Trekchick

would be curious to see how our sister-sites are faring on the digital brawl front.
Trust me, there have been cat fights on "sister sites". Only you hear more fffffftt, instead of Grrrrrrrrr.

this is an example of why it's hard to moderate personal attacks....when i read HPD's post, i figured he was talking about how the CLITs probably wouldn't accept him into their inner circle, but, i now can see how GSS could have taken it as a personal attack against his fat, overweight, obese, limp, unattractive body (if you can even technically call it a "body").

just pay them no mind, GSS. you're big-boned, not ridiculously fat, and, anyway, that full body FUPA you carry around helps you go faster on the slopes, so it's a good thing.
On the contrary, I think the Mod staff has a good sense of tone, but you already knew that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.