• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/5-12/6 Storm Discussion Thread

loafer89

There is a heavy snow warning along with the winter storm warning for Suffolk County, yipee :x I like snow but this makes it harder to finish the Christmas decorations, we are forecast to get 4-8" by tomorrow noon.

Zand

Total Snowfall: Ziltch. Storm was a DUD. Even the Cape only got 5" or so. However, there's a nice one on the way Friday, and this one likely will do something.

loafer89

I got 5" where I live and the East end of Long Island got 6"+, so the forecast was close to accurate. The NWS did scale back the snowfall forecast last night as the heaviest snow stayed south of Long Island.

The storm on friday looks to be another costal storm at this time.

loafer89

East Quogue and Bridgehampton both reported 6.0" to the NWS, they where the highest snowfall totals in our area from this storm. Bridgeport right across the sound from me only got 0.5" :eek: so there was a sharp cut off line to the snowfall.