• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite 'adult' beverage?

ChileMass

Good post-skiing shooter (or cocktail if you prefer):

Siberian Sleighride:
(Originally mixed at the Griffin in downtown Albany circa 1982, later revived many times at Gore Mountain):

2 oz. Stolichnaya Vodka (or other top-shelf)
1 oz. White Creme de Menthe
1 oz. White Creme de Cocoa

Combine ingredients in metal shaker filled with ice. Shake vigourously until frothy. Strain into shot glasses (or cocktail glass w/ice). Powdered sugar optional. Warms you up from the inside.......

Jaytrek57

Great Thread!

Make mine a Guinness!

Other beers pale in comparison. Make sure it is poured properly…nothing worse than a poorly poured pint!!

Sam if they don’t have the above or perhaps an Otter Creek.

Shots of Glen if I am in the mood…..and the occasional stray margarita….unsalted.

Cheers! :beer:

mtnclimber

Now for the female touch.......
After hiking or riding.......Tuckermans(on tap) , Black and Browns(thats with Newcastle). Fat Tire ( from Seattle), Petes Wicked Ale, many home brews..(no funny flavors) or Sam.. Winter, very picky
On the flip side I prefer margaritas, made my way, with grand marnier and a splash of OJ, also kahlua Baileys and coffee.....gotta have coffee.......... :wink:

C

cptchris

the only drink that goes with a good hike ,jaggermiester shots chased with red bull ! try it you'll like it ,lol :idea: :beer:

P

peteko

The best beer ever to cross these lips is Ithaca Brewing Co.'s Apricot Wheat Beer.... mmmmtasty.

As for the stronger and more upscale stuff, you've gotta try a Sour Apple Martini:

1 part Citrus Vodka or Rum ( i prefer Bacardi "O" rum)
1 part Sour Apple schnapps
1/2 part Triple sec

mix it up and drink it up... with your pinky up

M

mattfishng

After a hard day on the slopes tall Guinness is beverage of choice. Not available? Then heinecken

skican

Bombay Sapphire Martini, straight up w/3 olives. Harpoon IPA, all the IPA's, Long Trail Double Baggers (wow) and any red wine. Really into the Austrailian Wines, and they are somewhat affordable.

My craving, Sugarloaf, The Bag, the Bag Burger, and a potato ale! Yummy!

Max

skican said:
Really into the Austrailian Wines, and they are somewhat affordable.

Agreed! Shiraz has become a favorite, despite it being "trendy." Any red that goes well with anchovy pizza is a "two thumbs up" in my book!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board as well Skican...good to have more input around here! :beer:

MARI

Fave adult concoction

I like wine mostly, Cabernet or Pinot Noir. or Red Zinfandel. I am a sucker for Kahluah and vodka, especially vanilla flavored Smirnoff with Kahluah - YUM! It is like drinking a chocolate cake only the buzz is better. I , too had a disgreement with Blackberry Brandy. Only I was camping out with some friends and after Mac & Cheese swiffed down a 1/5 of that crap. I cannot even look at a bottle of Arrow Brandy without my stomach churning in greif.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I pretty much stay away from liquor these days--found I don't need mind-altering drinks to be happy. But when I do indulge, I like:
1) Woodstock Brewery's Autumn Brew (only available seasonally at Woodstock Station/Brewery in North Woodstock/Lincoln, New Hampshire)
2) Rolling Rock
3) Spanish Peaks Honey Raspberry Ale
I like sampling "different" beers, things you don't normally find stocked in your local grocery store... We have a liquor store that lets you make up your own six pack and they carry a lot of exotic beers. One of the surprisingly good ones was Young's Double Chocolate Stout. You have to like a good strong stout, but it was really good.
As for Fru Fru drinks...hmmm... Raspberry or Strawberry Margaritas, Pina Colada, Baja Luna and my special Jell-O shots. :)
:beer:

pedxing

I like dark beers and ales, especially McEwan's, especially in winter.
I also like hefty red wines (I'd get Barolo's from Italy if I could afford the good ones).
Every once in a while in the summer, I'll drink some concoction of lime juice and rum.

L

lilybean

If you like Merlot, try shiraz. Yellowtail is a good inexpensive wine. My favorite is always a good cabernet and if I am really drinking up the vino, I like chianti because it is nice and dry. I am a whino, but I also make great martini's with fresh ingredients. My friends call it devil juice. Beers are great as well, bass or any other dark beer with a bite will do. I am not a fan of the guiness, sorry.

ChileMass

BUMP - this is my kind of thread......

Favorite Beer - almost any pale ale (Tuckerman's, Saranac, Sierra Nevada, Harpoon, etc).

Favorite Wine - any Pinor Noir or Petit Syrah.

Favorite Cocktail(s) - Wild Turkey *101 bourbon or Ketel One vodka on the rocks.

And then there's that 11AM Bloody Mary on the deck at Cannon after skiing since first chair.....

When is the bar open......? :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Enjoying a frosty cold Bass Ale as we speak...