• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

tjf67

So, folks who value fidelity are holier than thou?

Screw this...I don't care what this guy does or doesn't do. He can screw a tribe of amazons for all I care.

BUT...despite his talent and hard work, the media made him most of his billions and now the media will take him down and empty his pockets as much as they can.

Good... the asshole got caught and now he can pay for being an asshole.

Of course that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

so just to get this straight. Your belief is that if somone cheats on there spouse they are an asshole?

o3jeff

I was not at all feeling sorry for Tiger. Find it hard to feel sorry for someone making all that money, even if he looses half of it. However, after hearing today that he may have come up with an agreement where he pays his wife to stay with him, I now do feel sorry for him. This is not a marriage, it's a business agreement.

He might as well get out of this now, can you imagine the caliber women a single Tiger could get now

campgottagopee

I was not at all feeling sorry for Tiger. Find it hard to feel sorry for someone making all that money, even if he looses half of it. However, after hearing today that he may have come up with an agreement where he pays his wife to stay with him, I now do feel sorry for him. This is not a marriage, it's a business agreement.

If she stays wht does that say about her????

bigbog

...Well, maybe she likes the house..I don't understand why SHE has to leave..? .and maybe she likes some of him, maybe not his behavior..LOL..who knows.
I think for the health of the family(kids)...the one with the behavior issues should be leaving...maybe not permanently, but it would make the issues more clear for the one who needs help, or should I say...who needs to grow up.(and man, does he need to grow up...a lot;-))

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I agree with you but what the hell was he spodda do, tell the truth??? The dude was damned if he did or damned if he didn't. Also, we're only privy to what the media wanted/ wants us to know.
Goodness, no. We would not want to encourage our public figures that are role models (whether we/they want them to be or not, they are defacto by the position in society that they have) to be honest, tell the truth, and come clean when they screwed up. Let's encourage them to lie. Or better yet be complicit with the dishonesty by suggesting we should just do as they ask and leave them alone even though they are public figures that cultivate (and make money off of) their public personas.

I don't buy that. I value accountability and integrity. I call people out who do not live up to that.

campgottagopee

Goodness, no. We would not want to encourage our public figures that are role models (whether we/they want them to be or not, they are defacto by the position in society that they have) to be honest, tell the truth, and come clean when they screwed up. Let's encourage them to lie. Or better yet be complicit with the dishonesty by suggesting we should just do as they ask and leave them alone even though they are public figures that cultivate (and make money off of) their public personas.

I don't buy that. I value accountability and integrity. I call people out who do not live up to that.

I think most of us value accountability and integrity---too bad the media doesn't

JimG.

Staff member
I don't know how much the media will take him down, since what he does on the golf course and what(who) he does behind closed doors (at various locations around the world as it appears) are two entirely different entities. And most likely, if one of his major sponsors drops him, chances are there's another one ready to sign him, maybe for 40 million instead of 50 million, but they'll still sign him.

Also, the $$ thing isn't a big deal for him. If the rumored amount of his pre-nup is true at 300 million, and they decide to get divorced, he pays the 300 mill, still has an estimated 700 mill left, and the guys makes around 100 mill a year - 5 years from now, tops all taken care of/paid off

Then, if Tiger comes out next year and wins all 4 majors (and 3 or the 4 tournament sites are at places where he's won majors before - Augusta National, Pebble Beach Golf Links and The Old Course in St. Andrews), most of the media and sponsors have these events forgotten. He's big news now because he's a big name and there's really isn't another big story in the news that the tabloid media is feeding on. As soon as some other celeb does something stupid/embarrassing and/or some big national/international event happens, the Tiger story quickly falls back to page 3 material.

What I've really gotten a kick out of is watching some of the media pundits these last few days trying to sound off like they're experts on Tiger, his wife, and his career, when they can't even pronounce his wife's name correctly (it's pronounced E - lin, not ell - en as many a clueless pundit has said while preaching moral high ground from their soapbox) :rolleyes:

Yeah, the media "experts" piss me off too.

Part of what bothers me is the focus on the money. Like you said, he'll pay off the women with the goods on him and will make it up in a few years. That doesn't seem right to me but that's America I guess.

I take some solice in the fact that even if he does surpass Jack Nicklaus as a golfer he'll never be able to carry Jack's jockstrap as a family man and human being.

JimG.

Staff member
so just to get this straight. Your belief is that if somone cheats on there spouse they are an asshole?

In Tiger's case I feel that way because he didn't have a one night stand or single affair over a period of months because of some marital strife. That's common in our society and does not make someone an asshole.

Tiger had his little nookie girls stashed all over the place. We know about 3 so far, I'll bet there are more. Hey, give him a few tats, some baggy shorts and cornrows and he could be a baller in the NBA.

This isn't about some poor soul who is having trouble in his marriage and strayed to another woman...this is a guy who likes to go out and party with other women wherever he may be just because he thinks he can get away with it behind his wife's back. I mean the reason his wife threw stuff at him was because he was texting one of his party girls during Thanksgiving dinner. How effing arrogant is that?

That to me is an asshole.

campgottagopee

In Tiger's case I feel that way because he didn't have a one night stand or single affair over a period of months because of some marital strife. That's common in our society and does not make someone an asshole.

Tiger had his little nookie girls stashed all over the place. We know about 3 so far, I'll bet there are more. Hey, give him a few tats, some baggy shorts and cornrows and he could be a baller in the NBA.

This isn't about some poor soul who is having trouble in his marriage and strayed to another woman...this is a guy who likes to go out and party with other women wherever he may be just because he thinks he can get away with it behind his wife's back. I mean the reason his wife threw stuff at him was because he was texting one of his party girls during Thanksgiving dinner. How effing arrogant is that?

That to me is an asshole.

How do we/you know that.

JimG.

Staff member
Just to clarify here bacause the use of the word asshole is pretty strong...

I'm not applying that to a single one night stand or a single affair over a period of months. That stuff does happen for legit reasons because folks are having marital problems. And sometimes that affair can help repair the marriage or at least expose the issues at hand. Living together with another person is alot of work and requires alot of compromise. It's not easy ever.

That's not the case with our star golfer here. He might be having marital problems we don't know about, but it seems he is enjoying himself too much to care if that's the case. At best immature if he is having problems and asshole-worthy if not.

And as far as the media goes, Tiger made his fortune because of the media. Without it, does he become a worldwide icon? Without TV, does he make millions in endorsement money? You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
How do we/you know that.

I don't...but if he were having problems wouldn't he be smart to say so and use that as the reason for his infidelity? And isn't it a bit unusual that he needs more than one affair to help him in this case?

I think you are grasping at straws to defend the guy.

JimG.

Staff member
Man, I haven't had this much fun posting in a while.

Important for me to say to all who have posted here so far that it is a pleasure to discuss this fairly rationally with folks with such a wide variety of opinions.

The internet at its' best.

campgottagopee

I don't...but if he were having problems wouldn't he be smart to say so and use that as the reason for his infidelity. And isn't it a bit unusual that he needs more than one affair to help him in this case?

I think you are grasping at straws to defend the guy.

I am defending the guy simply because I don't know all the facts. All I know is what the effin media wants us to know, that's it. I'm sorry but I don't trust them. He will speak on this issue, and until then I'm saving my judgement. I'm sure I'll be eating mucho crow, but that's okay I have broad shoulders.

You mentioned "The Golden Bear" ------ back in his hayday the media wasn't up his ass compared with today. Maybe lead a "playboy" lifestyle for a while too but never got caught. You really think Clinton was the only Prez to get a hummer in the oval office??? I don't, but he was the only one to get caught.

campgottagopee

Man, I haven't had this much fun posting in a while.

Important for me to say to all who have posted here so far that it is a pleasure to discuss this fairly rationally with folks with such a wide variety of opinions.

The internet at its' best.

Agree, this has been a woprthy topic and some interesting points of view.....no name calling either. Geez, whoda thunk it :lol: