• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You Might be from Jersey if...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thread hijack-diversion:
Why can't Boston figure out what a HARD ROLL is? Why must we accept a "Bulkie" as an acceptable substitute for a good roll? Bulkies are garbage. In fact, most of the sub shops use garbage rolls. For as open minded as this metropolitan area purports to be, I can only find a couple places in Brookline that make a real hard roll. We used to get hard rolls in Western NY, it's just as far away as Boston. Every damn grocer in NJ sells real Hard Rolls; it's ain't no gormet product! What is the problem here?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I remember the 1st time I got a buttered Portuguese roll at the corner shop. Mrs Root was like wtf and I was like "you never had one of these"?

playoutside

Thread hijack-diversion:
Why can't Boston figure out what a HARD ROLL is? Why must we accept a "Bulkie" as an acceptable substitute for a good roll? Bulkies are garbage. In fact, most of the sub shops use garbage rolls.

So true and very disappointing. The rolls I find in MA are just plain bland and squishy! It seems like all the rolls/subs/bulkies/braids/whatever name you give it in eastern MA are made from a Wonder Bread-like substance. Sandwiches taste so much better on a decent roll.

ZYDECORICH

Thread hijack-diversion:
Why can't Boston figure out what a HARD ROLL is? Why must we accept a "Bulkie" as an acceptable substitute for a good roll? Bulkies are garbage. In fact, most of the sub shops use garbage rolls. For as open minded as this metropolitan area purports to be, I can only find a couple places in Brookline that make a real hard roll. We used to get hard rolls in Western NY, it's just as far away as Boston. Every damn grocer in NJ sells real Hard Rolls; it's ain't no gormet product! What is the problem here?

it must be the wonderful water that makes the difference bill. your right anytime i go out of nj or ny in general you can't find a good roll. as far as the taylor ham vs pork roll sandwich, this is the deal. Taylor ham is is better quality then various brands of pork roll. Taylor ham is Taylor ham. pork roll comes in tangy and mild versions from different makers. all are good on a hard roll (nj or ny of course) with cheese, salt pepper, and ketchup,(onion for the hardcores) although i prefer Taylor ham. you can diviate with a lunch time or snack version that has mustard,dijon preferably..thats great with onion, although your wife/girlfriend will wanna puke. they are the best thing for a hangover in the morning as long as your heart can survive. truly a nj classic. i can ship you some.

skiNEwhere

White castle is the best meal to eat after a night of drinking
You don't understand the concept of merging
It's pretty much illegal to take a left turn, you must take 3 rights instead

gladerider

not the best place on earth, but many people here in joisey like where we live. :)