• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What beer are you drinking now?

ctenidae

We were cleaning out closets this weekend and I went through the cooler we keep all our hiking gear in. For some reason, there was a bag of PET bottles that came with the Cooper's homebrew kit my wife got me 3 years ago, or so. I don't use the PETs anymore, so I was going to toss it, when I noticed the bag was awfully heavy. There was a full bottle in there, must be from the first batch I brewed. It's in the fridge now. Can't imagine it'll be any good, but I'll try it anyway.

ski220

Now that we've had all summer to try new concoctions, has anyone found a new favorite beer?

One of our local watering holes has "Whales Tail" from Nantucket on tap. Enjoying it immensely. I'll have to find some in a bottle.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Love, love, LOVE Berkshire Brewing Company's Shabadoo! Also <3 Barrington Brewery (aka Berkshire Mountain Brewers) "Barrington" Brown Ale and "Black Bear" Stout. Definitely new faves!

Oh yeah, need to add Cambridge Brew House's Hefeweizen.

legalskier

Had some Anchor Steam on tap in Cape May the other night, along with a steamed lobsta of course! Really hit the spot.
:beer:

ctenidae

Been doing Modelo and Tecate cans for the boat, mostly- great sun beers. Got a 12 of Saranac Pale Ale in cans recently- mighty fine can beer, there.

drjeff

This evening my answer will be "whatever is in the cooler in the parking lot at Gillette Stadium, that the person in my group who has beer duty is bringing to tonights Patriots-Rams preseason game" :)

I'm generally not too picky when I'm drinking a cold beer in the parking lots at Gillette, since in my book just about any beer tastes pretty good while tailgating with friends :) :beer:

Riverskier

They just started brewing what is probably my favorite all around beer, a Fall seasonal- Gritty's Halloween. Look forward to it every year.

Discovered Victory Hop Devil this summer. It may be my new favorite IPA.

Edd

Discovered Victory Hop Devil this summer. It may be my new favorite IPA.

That is a great brew. To the OP I agree about the Long Trail IPA; it's excellent. That was a surprise to me because I've always felt that the regular Long Trail Pale tastes flat out bad.

I'll pretty much always go for the IPA on tap these days and love how available they've become. There are a couple of places I frequent that stubbornly refuse to put them on tap.

My go to bottled beer is Sierra Nevada Pale (tough to find on tap in New England). Smuttynose Pale, made in Portsmouth, tastes equally good to me.

When all else fails I can always drink a ton of Guiness.

HD333

This evening my answer will be "whatever is in the cooler in the parking lot at Gillette Stadium, that the person in my group who has beer duty is bringing to tonights Patriots-Rams preseason game" :)

I'm generally not too picky when I'm drinking a cold beer in the parking lots at Gillette, since in my book just about any beer tastes pretty good while tailgating with friends :) :beer:
I will be in the same situation, whatever the old man brings for the tailgate tonight will be my beer of choice. I think it may be an Oktoberfest of sime sorts. Why do they make us buy these preseason games...

hammer

Spouse bought me a six-pack of SA Blackberry Witbier...I'll drink it but wouldn't get it again. Too fruity for my tastes.

Warp Daddy

It's getting now that i drink very little after last summers heart scare -- so whenever i do hoist one its OP's :D --------------------- but i keep Labatt Blue on Hand-- what the hell i can look at Canada from the dock :D:D and B4 any of u roast my stones --- NO Sarah Palin ain't my hero :D:D :spin:

drjeff

I will be in the same situation, whatever the old man brings for the tailgate tonight will be my beer of choice. I think it may be an Oktoberfest of sime sorts. Why do they make us buy these preseason games...

The only real reason my group sees for pre-season games is to make sure that the grills still work, the coolers haven't sprung a leak, and that the likely 400lb person who was sitting in "my seat" for the big country music fest at Gillette a few weeks ago didn't break it! This way we know that everything will be in full working order when the Bengals roll into town in a little over 2 weeks for week 1! :)

And BTW, this years pre-season schedule with dual Thursday night games really sucks! :mad:

HD333

The only real reason my group sees for pre-season games is to make sure that the grills still work, the coolers haven't sprung a leak, and that the likely 400lb person who was sitting in "my seat" for the big country music fest at Gillette a few weeks ago didn't break it! This way we know that everything will be in full working order when the Bengals roll into town in a little over 2 weeks for week 1! :)

And BTW, this years pre-season schedule with dual Thursday night games really sucks! :mad:

Exactly. I tell people I am making sure the parking lot and beer stand hasn't moved.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm drinking a Sam Summer. Not really a fan at all; too much lemon. But there are two in the fridge, so have to make room for more beer.

I'll be moving on to Harpoon Octoberfest later on. I was very excited to see that in the store on Sunday. Octoberfest brews are beacon for me that winter is near. :daffy: