• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Second pair of boots EVER!!!!

Unfortunately my season has come to an end. My last rager was Jay Peak this weekend. It was def a fitting end to an amazing season. I got 35 days of luv this year. My boots def are showing it. I have had theese nasties for 8 years. I know it's way past time. I tried on a pair of Technicas this weekend after 2 hours at the Snow Job(Thanks Mike!!!), they were amazing. The question is, if I liked those, where should I be looking next? What boots are similar to them?:snow::snow::snow:

Philpug

I had the same pair of Flexons for 20 year, I changed the liner 3 times and the shells 6 times but they were the same Flexons,

The Technica model was the Phoenix 100, high volume. The bootfitter placed a wedge in each to give me a total "foot hug" by the boot.

Why not go with the Tecnica's if you thought they were amazing? :???:

The only reaon I didn't walk out of he store with them on was the fact that this was the first time I have actually sat down with a boot fitter. I got my old boots used from Stratton 8 years ago. There was no fitting. I have just begun to search for the best boot for me. There is no way I'm gonna drop 800 bucks on the first swing. I am also very partial tyo the Salomon brand. So I def gotta try some of thier stuff too. I never make a move without knowing the whole picture.

wa-loaf

There is no way I'm gonna drop 800 bucks on the first swing. I am also very partial tyo the Salomon brand.

Damn, who's charging full price this time of year? You can probably find those boots online for at least 1/2 that price.

Don't get hung up on brand.

drjeff

The only reaon I didn't walk out of he store with them on was the fact that this was the first time I have actually sat down with a boot fitter. I got my old boots used from Stratton 8 years ago. There was no fitting. I have just begun to search for the best boot for me. There is no way I'm gonna drop 800 bucks on the first swing. I am also very partial tyo the Salomon brand. So I def gotta try some of thier stuff too. I never make a move without knowing the whole picture.

Probably the best bit of advice for boots, is #1 goto a fitter with a good reputation and then #2 get rid of any pre-conceived brand loyalties that you might have.

A good fitter won't even think of putting you into a pair of boots until he/she has examined your foot shape/volume and evaluated your stance, inquired about your ability, etc, etc, etc. Based on the info he/she gets from you, then they'll start matching your foot shape/volume to the proper shell, reguardless of the brand, and then go from there