• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Chillin on the dock of the Bay

Warp Daddy

damn 3 straight days of 93 plus . The Queen and I been damn near livin on the dock . today was exceptional here in my world -----------this is the view

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

damn 3 straight days of 93 plus . The Queen and I been damn near livin on the dock . today was exceptional here in my world -----------this is the view

was 100 where I'm at, is this gonna be one of those seasons where summer merge's straight into winter/?

Sky

Hey Warp...whre is that? Nice Nice! What's the water temp?

My pool dipped to 68F during last wee's much needed rain....making a swim a BRISK event.

But witht he temps this week...we've rebounded to 74! Ahhhhh-some.

Warp Daddy

Hey Warp...whre is that? Nice Nice! What's the water temp?

My pool dipped to 68F during last wee's much needed rain....making a swim a BRISK event.

But witht he temps this week...we've rebounded to 74! Ahhhhh-some.

Sky : This is Oak Point , on the St Lawrence River a very private small enclave just a very few cottages. Water temps i'd guess about mid - hi 70'S --THIS IS THE START OF THE 1000 ISLAND CHAIN .

This is a bay with a beautiful sandy bottom that goes out for several hundred yds and with the Islands ( several not in photo) and the width of the river gives the appearance of a rather large lake. Great Wind surfing area as well as sailing . On the very distant shore off in the haze is the Canadian Mainland . Yep i'm a River Rat

Sky

back in the day (mid 90's) we had work up in he Ft Drum area. We spent a few weeks @ a BnB right at the edge of the lake/river. It was beautiful. *envy*

Warp Daddy

Yeah we're pretty lucky - its beautiful , very laid back and somewhat affordable and best of all the people here are real -- what u see is what u get .

I Did several programs for the Fort My consulting partners from Va Tech and i did a series of Leadership Institutes for the Commanding Officers staff back in the day when i was with SUNY in the region . We did those during Desert Shield and Desert Storm -- pretty tense times then too . Also did stuff for the Navy in Pensacola and Mayport Fla near Jacksonville .

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice, Warp! I bet sitting out on the water is really nice for you, especially during this time of year! Those of us in your former industry have some really tired puppies right now during our first week!

Warp Daddy

Nice, Warp! I bet sitting out on the water is really nice for you, especially during this time of year! Those of us in your former industry have some really tired puppies right now during our first week!

Oh Man how WELL i remember the opening week Steve !! You guys have my complete respect ,your work is important and getting much more difficult in this economy .

That said i remember many of LOOOONG days and evenings early on each semester -

I miss the students and most of my colleagues but HEY--------------THIS retirement thing is a great gig !! save your $$ and do it as SOON as you can :D..

snoseek

13 hours today in a kitchen that can only be described as hotter than two rats fu$#king in a wool sock!