Easy Solar and Wind Power Installation

AlpineZone

Easy Solar and Wind Power Installation

The output is not very high but cost is low. I will be looking into this for offsetting my pool pump power usage.

http://www.clarianpower.com/

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Very interesting. I wonder if my home is suited for solar (sunny days, tree cover, etc.).

Now that I don't have a TV antenna on my chimney any more, why not a wind turbine?

Great idea. Get a couple of these going around the house and may be we can put a few coal plants out of busines.

Those are pretty cool.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

This looks like a step in the right direction. It will still take 16 years to break even (based on the estimates provided and assuming energy costs don't rise, which they will, so perhaps more like 10+ years). I think solar panels on every house is a complete no brainer but it is only going to happen once fossil fuels get more expensive.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    This looks like a step in the right direction. It will still take 16 years to break even (based on the estimates provided and assuming energy costs don't rise, which they will, so perhaps more like 10+ years). I think solar panels on every house is a complete no brainer but it is only going to happen once fossil fuels get more expensive.

Just remember fossil fuels prices go up then everything goes up. Toursim would be highly affected. Ski slopes would be empty.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Just remember fossil fuels prices go up then everything goes up. Toursim would be highly affected. Ski slopes would be empty.
    Eh. Its inevitable. The economy will eventually transition. More efficient but higher costing energy sources will become available but will be better than the alternative once fossil fuel supply gets low. The New England ski industry has more to fear from climate change than higher costs. Skiing has always been a high price activity and people will pay to do it if they get hooked. Decrease snow in the metro areas or make it harder for the feeder hills to make snow, that would hurt the industry far more than higher prices. IMO.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Eh. Its inevitable. The economy will eventually transition. More efficient but higher costing energy sources will become available but will be better than the alternative once fossil fuel supply gets low. The New England ski industry has more to fear from climate change than higher costs. Skiing has always been a high price activity and people will pay to do it if they get hooked. Decrease snow in the metro areas or make it harder for the feeder hills to make snow, that would hurt the industry far more than higher prices. IMO.

True but there are ramifications to everything. That is all I was trying to say.

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information