• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Best Place to Ski!!!

K

KP

I went to Steamboat in colorado. It was amazing. Perfect snow! I loved it :D [/b][/quote]

Joshua

oh man, this has been debated sooo many times....west, or east, can be amazing at any time depending on weather/crowds/etc

i read an article the other day that the verticle out west isn't that much different then your fav east resorts, and you won't get altitude sickness out here!!!

till I am rich and famous......the east it is...and I am proud to be a New Englander!!

J

jlangdale

Sorry but Rocky Mountain skiing blows away any east coast skiing I've done by a factor of 3 at least. Not to say east coast skiing isn't fun.

curlyfuzzie

Between the Catskill and Adirondack Parks
The best..

Rocky Mountain skiing blows away any east coast skiing
gotta agree. Unfortunately, only done it twice, long time ago, both times on "family business" that we stretched into a vacation. (used to have cousins living in CO )...
Spent a week at Copper Mountain, and in a word... AWESOME! Also visited Keystone and Breckenridge.
NO ICE
NO HARDPACK
NO "Corn Snow"
NO "Loose Frozen Granular
Only fresh, natural, fall-from-the-clouds snow...
been dreaming of going back ever since...
My wallet just won't have it :cry:
SO, I enjoy the memories of being teased about being an "Eastern Skier", and have a good time anyway...

skiguide

Website
www.pmgearusa.com
not totally related to this thread at all,, but if anyone is considering a trip out west, i just found KILLER airfare on travelocity from Portland Maine (and i think i'm the only mainer here) to Jackson Hole, with flexible dates between now and March 10th, about $235-$300 - which is unbelievable!!

i'm gonna book something for the last week of the month i think.

Greg

Staff member
skiguide said:
(and i think i'm the only mainer here)
uphillklimber is from Biddeford...

jamesdeluxe

Website
www.nyskiblog.com
Here we go again with the "Grass Is Always Greener" crowd. The best skiing is wherever the best conditions are. I just came back from five days in Wyoming, and got really lucky with preposterously sweet conditions. It snowed every day we were there and my mid-fats stayed in the hotel room the entire time (photos below with link to the entire album).
http://www.epicski.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005552

BUT, if I had arrived a week earlier, I would have walked into a 23-day snow drought. That's NO SNOW, Pedro. Five people died at Jackson Hole during that time from sliding off rock-hard/icy trails and crashing into trees. Also, my four-day trip to Colorado in December was marked by concrete hard-pack at Keystone and Copper Mountain.

East Coasters, stop bitching and thinking it's ALWAYS better somewhere else. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

snowsprite

I'm taking my first trip out west on March 10th...I can't wait!! I'm heading to Tahoe.

I told my husband to remember to bring the stun gun and tranquillizers because I'm sure that based on what I'm hearing he's going to need them to get me on the plane to go home!
:lol:
Sprite

A

ASC

Tahoe, March 10th - isn't there a gathering of the STEEZE brigade in Tahoe right around then? Are you one of them? :beer: