• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pandora stations

ctenidae

Just did a station for Pandora based on Mumford & Sons. Rreal chill, overall, but great background. Enjoying it.

Anybody else got new faves?

Last edited:

mondeo

On slacker I've got a Queens PC the Stone Age station that's pretty good. On Pandora I have a "fun rock" station that's seeded with QOTSA, Weezer, Offspring and another similar group or two
Actually somewhat devoid of Beetles.

Greg

Staff member
I'm sure some will laugh, but a Goo Goo Dolls station results in some great tunes.

WJenness

My electronica side has been coming out more and more lately... Faithless is a great seed for some driving music.

-w

planb420

Xavier Rudd is a recent add for me, Have loved his music for a while but never thought to spawn a channel in my Pandora collection till recently, GREAT IDEA cuz its real chill and great out on the mountain. Another good standby is my Pearl Jam channel.

roark

my boss is always listening to pandora on his droid. everytime I go in it's a song my wife has put on a mix (she still makes mix cds - one of many things I love about her!). He claims it's the mumord pandora station. hmmmmmm.

Grassi21

One of my favorites is Cypress Hill for man-cave safety meetings. Don't laugh, but Jack Johnson is another good one for unwinding in the cave.

Another cool thing about Pandora is discovering new bands. From listening to the Sublime station I got into Slightly Stoopid.

roark

Another cool thing about Pandora is discovering new bands. From listening to the Sublime station I got into Slightly Stoopid.

heh, it took many many dislikes to finally get pandora to stop playing slightly stoopid on my sublime station :)

Glenn

Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen. One of the more interesting stations jis 80's. After many nights by the fire pit with a bunch of PBRs, you can now hear Zeplin and other non 80's songs every now and again. Not 100% sure how it happened, but it's a pretty good station.

My wife likes Dave Mathews. That station plays some good tunes. That band OAR has some good songs; a lot better than what they play on the radio.

Grassi21

Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen. One of the more interesting stations jis 80's. After many nights by the fire pit with a bunch of PBRs, you can now hear Zeplin and other non 80's songs every now and again. Not 100% sure how it happened, but it's a pretty good station.

My wife likes Dave Mathews. That station plays some good tunes. That band OAR has some good songs; a lot better than what they play on the radio.

For OAR, I really like Crazy Game of Poker and Black Rock. I have one of their live albums that is great. I think its the one from MSG.

Geoff

Brittany Spears seed FTW! :)

Right now, I'm using Jamiroquai and The Brand New Heavies as a seed on my home theater

hammer

Who here pays for Pandora? I decided to get the subscription...it's not a lot and we use it a lot on our PCs.

Glenn

Who here pays for Pandora? I decided to get the subscription...it's not a lot and we use it a lot on our PCs.

We're on the free version now. The commercials and whatnot aren't bad. Slacker got annoying...lots of commercials, and they had a "nag" screen that came up every hour "Are you still listening?" You'd have to click yes to get the tunes going again. If Pandora ever goes in that direction, we'd probably get a subscription.

Anyone notice how many damn commercials they play on the regular radio after listening to Pandora? It's almost silly. I can hardly listen to regular radio these days. It's either a commercial, or some dj blahblahing.