• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hey Camp ... Subi Impreza 2012

deadheadskier

Staff member
. Seriously love the panoramic glass roof, nice rip off from the VW SportWagen, cool feature.

I've actually read that most people don't care for the panoramic roof in the VW. Too much sunlight/glare coming through and makes it difficult to cool in the summer.

I think it seems pretty cool, but I've read that as I've done a fair amount of research on the Jetta Sportwagen

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I've actually read that most people don't care for the panoramic roof in the VW. Too much sunlight/glare coming through and makes it difficult to cool in the summer.
Did those folks not realize you can shade the roof? :lol: Yea, I know that the SportWagen shade still admits some light even when closed. Cooling is not really an issue... keep the shade closed when you are parked and open the roof when you get in the car. Maybe it really boils with the SportWagen shade? Eh, just blast the AC if it is that much of an issue. You certainly don't get a sunroof because you want something super practicable. You get it cause sunroofs are DAMN COOL. 8) I miss having a sunroof... one of the few "must have" features I care about in a new car. Sounds odd I know, I really like em' and miss having one.

If this Subaru Impreza hatch fits the bill cost wise, it instantly rules out the WV TDI as an option. Though given the cost and value aspects, especially when compared to newer model vehicles hitting 40 on regular gas, I had pretty much already ruled it out any ways.

hammer

You certainly don't get a sunroof because you want something super practicable. You get it cause sunroofs are DAMN COOL. 8) I miss having a sunroof... one of the few "must have" features I care about in a new car. Sounds odd I know, I really like em' and miss having one.
We were "forced" to buy our Jeep GC with a panoramic sunroof (only way to get a vehicle in-stock with the color and other options we wanted). Normally I'm indifferent to a sunroof but it has been nice to have the panoramic one. The shade completely blocks out the sunlight so getting unwanted sun is not a problem.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
. You get it cause sunroofs are DAMN COOL. 8) I miss having a sunroof... one of the few "must have" features I care about in a new car. Sounds odd I know, I really like em' and miss having one.
Agreed. I went through 7 years of company cars that didn't have sun roofs. I love the panoramic roof in my car. I don't find it heats up too much in the summer. I usually close the shade and leave it vented while parked if there's no rain predicted.

wa-loaf

Do you wear a helmet in your car or something? You're like 5'10

He needs room for the horns.

viking-horns-helmet.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I hate sunroofs. I'd rather have the head room.

I can't wear a baseball hat without the little button on the top rubbing on the headliner of my car, but I still wouldn't trade the sunroof for more head room.

dmc

I love my huge sunroof... It's the first car I owned with one.. Had Moonroofs... total waste.. :)

Love cruising around the mountains with the sunroof open and windows down.. Sometimes I camp in my car and have the roof open at night.. Great star watching..

mlctvt

Seriously love the panoramic glass roof, nice rip off from the VW SportWagen, cool feature.

Subaru has loads of experience with large sunroofs. The 2005-2009 Legacy Limited and Legacy Outback Limited models have a huge sunroof that extends from the driver over the rear seat passengers. I've got a 2005 Legacy GT Limited and the sunroof covers most of the interior, I think it extends over 30 inches back.

mlctvt

The front of the 2012 Impreza looks alot like the 2005 Legacy/Outback. Not too original but a nice design, at least for 2005!
I guess Subaru doesn't want to be too progressive?

And what's with the ugly wheel arches. They used these to ruin the 2010 Legacy design and they're at it again. Fire that designer!

campgottagopee

The front of the 2012 Impreza looks alot like the 2005 Legacy/Outback. Not too original but a nice design, at least for 2005!
I guess Subaru doesn't want to be too progressive?

And what's with the ugly wheel arches. They used these to ruin the 2010 Legacy design and they're at it again. Fire that designer!

Yup, and in 2010 Subie sales were up, so I'd guess some people liked 'em.

WoodCore

Subaru has loads of experience with large sunroofs. The 2005-2009 Legacy Limited and Legacy Outback Limited models have a huge sunroof that extends from the driver over the rear seat passengers. I've got a 2005 Legacy GT Limited and the sunroof covers most of the interior, I think it extends over 30 inches back.

I drive a 05' GT wagon and love the large sunroof not to mention that it's got some "get up and go" under the hood!