• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hey Camp ... Subi Impreza 2012

deadheadskier

Staff member
:razz::razz::razz:

Seems like a good car, but looks? Meh.

It seems like every Asian hatchback the past 8 years have their stylistic base in the Mazda3.

We love our 3 and would consider replacing it with another one. But Mazda completely screwed up the re-design with the smiley face front grill. awful IMO

wa-loaf

It seems like every Asian hatchback the past 8 years have their stylistic base in the Mazda3.

We love our 3 and would consider replacing it with another one. But Mazda completely screwed up the re-design with the smiley face front grill. awful IMO

Just read the 2012 Mazda 3 is going to get 40 mpg ...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Seriously. I'm normally not one to let one tiny cosmetic detail determine my entire opinion of a vehicle. But that grill puts the Mazda3 automatically in the "not even bothering to read about it" category.

hammer

Is it as bad as the Acura front beak?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, it's too bad. We have an 04 and the car still looks great/modern.

Honestly the only complaint we have with it is that its a bit too small in terms of storage. The Elantra Touring is MUCH bigger in that regard even though it still appears to be a somewhat 'compact' car. Love the way the Mazda drives though. zoom, zoom.

hammer

Looks better than an Acura to me...

2010-acura-tsx-v-6-front.jpg

And what is it with all of the creased wheel arches? Not too crazy about that look on a low car...

AdironRider

I wont buy a Subaru until they can make something with AWD and a manual transmission that isnt a total piece of shit with the rest of the car. I just dont get the blind love. So its an AWD wagon with a stick, the interior sucks, I highly doubt the mpgs will come close to 36, and itnt terribly underpowered. Even the WRX and STI's have no power below 3k rpms. I also hate that I have to practically wear earplugs cause theres so much road noise in subarus.

Solid drivetrain and a manual can be found elsewhere, with a much better car making up the rest.

Edd

I wont buy a Subaru until they can make something with AWD and a manual transmission that isnt a total piece of shit with the rest of the car. I just dont get the blind love. So its an AWD wagon with a stick, the interior sucks, I highly doubt the mpgs will come close to 36, and itnt terribly underpowered. Even the WRX and STI's have no power below 3k rpms. I also hate that I have to practically wear earplugs cause theres so much road noise in subarus.

Solid drivetrain and a manual can be found elsewhere, with a much better car making up the rest.

Are you comparing the Subies to other cars in the same price range? If so, which ones?

campgottagopee

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Curious, when is the last time you've driven an STI???

AdironRider

Three days ago. One of my good friends out here bought a 2010 last summer. Waste of money if you ask me considering the WRX's are almost just as quick for 10k less, and if Im not mistaken now have the widebody kits as well. Why someone would buy STI for anything else other than the name is beyond me.

Either way it has more road noise than my truck of all things, and my truck only cost 20k.

Ive driven a Suzuki of some form, forget the actual model name, but its a little tiny crossover similar to an Impreza wagon. Not only was it 5k cheaper, overall build quality was worlds and away better.

Subarus looks great on paper and scream practicality. Then you buy one and deal with rattles throughout the interior, cat converter issues, eating tires, etc etc etc. Id take anything else over a Subaru. You spend something like a tenth of your life or more commuting or traveling, might as well enjoy the ride.

My fiancee is a blind Subaru lover, which means I get stuck driving her around in her POS Forester. Before that it was an Impreza coupe from the late 90s, which was better as I liked the 2.2 motor more, but the rest of Subarus problems were all present.