• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superstar 4-14

powbmps

Can't call it a Killington TR, as I only hit Superstar.

Showed up at noon and had to park waaaaay out at the end of the lot. Never more than a 2 or 3 minute lift line though. Good indication that people will still pay to ski.

Lots of bump skiers out there. Ran into Mondeo. Saw the Hammer. Made some turns with a couple rippers who were down at the Sundown Comp. Good times until I threw out my back :angry:. I don't think two more runs was that therapeutic.

Hopefully it gets better by next weekend. Would like to get out one more time.

2knees

big pimpin there chief. seems like the lines got even better than friday apparently.

looked like bobby z in the yellow pants.

powbmps

big pimpin there chief. seems like the lines got even better than friday apparently.

looked like bobby z in the yellow pants.

It's amazing how quickly the lines were getting skied in.

It seemed like half the people out there were on mogul skis. You probably would have recognized a few more.

2knees

let me know about next weekend. I think i can swing a day since soccer doesnt start till the following week.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thanks for skiing in the lines. They were great yesterday. Some were cut a bit too deep for my liking, but overall they skied great.

I worry about the top of the Headwall making it past this week. They've got some snow to work with, but it's choking in pretty good from both sides. Wonder if Powdr will spin the lift next weekend if people have to walk a bit up top.

2knees

Thanks for skiing in the lines. They were great yesterday. Some were cut a bit too deep for my liking, but overall they skied great.

I worry about the top of the Headwall making it past this week. They've got some snow to work with, but it's choking in pretty good from both sides. Wonder if Powdr will spin the lift next weekend if people have to walk a bit up top.

i bet today's weather is leaving a mark.

whoops, i didnt clear that with legal before i hit submit.

where's gilligan when you need him.

powbmps

I'll go out on a limb and say the gondola won't be running any more.

Hopefully they run the quad at least one more weekend.

I'm planning on heading up if my back is better.

DHS - did they groom down the middle Saturday night?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Headwall and lower Sup were wall to wall when I arrived at noon. Middle seemed like it saw a groomer recently

Yesterday was definitely the last day for the Gondola. I rode it up and nothing under it looked really worth the walk out. I did one run down Rime to start the day, took Northridge up and headed over to Superstar for the rest of the day. 1 run on Skylark, but the lines were way too deep to really charge em, so I stuck to Sup.

Gilligan

i bet today's weather is leaving a mark.

whoops, i didnt clear that with legal before i hit submit.

where's gilligan when you need him.

"i bet" sounds like an opinion, rather than a fact, so you are good. I happen to hold the same opinion, btw.