• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - 12/17-19th

rocojerry

Snowguns are roaring, I would be surprised if not at 110%.... Temps finally took a dive, and the snowmakers are making up for lost time in preparation for the holiday week ahead...

6547264655_2fa1d6a42a_b.jpg

We got out there for a 8:30 start Saturday -- knowing that things would be firm, probably get ski'd off early, and we were dealing with primarily 100% manmade snow --

Tote Road ski'd nice, Kings landing and Hayburner provided some early season fast cruising.... all three of those were groomed out nicely with pretty much wall-to-wall coverage... snowguns were on lower spillway, and made for some nice turns in the 'fresh' manmade.. I was lapping that and the superquad, while a horde gathered for the grand re-opening of spillway, er I mean skyline... actually I really did mean spillway as i'll continue to call it. They didn't have really much new terrain open with the new lift, so I only rode it once on Sat...

6547264929_1207bb12a2_b.jpg

Sunday some more of the same, but got onto lower Competition hill from the double chair prior to them opening it up from the top -- First tracks on manmade, sweet! actually, it was just better than most of the trails all day so I enjoyed it while I could... took the new lift a few times, as upper competition hill they had made a ton of snow -- and it went from crunchy, wide-open groomed on top, into a blaze of snowguns with some nice mounds to roll through.... there was an additional trail under the superquad that was open too -- good to get on something new...

Monday, looks like a college meet took over the best trail on the hill, and closed access to the competition trail and ones near it. Everything ski'd about the same as it did sunday afternoon, with no sun -- some light flurries and wind, we decided to hit the road early instead of sticking it through to the end....

I predict the trail count to grow by 2-3 trails per day, and hopefully it will be ready for the holiday crowds to ascend upon her! Don't forget the bag burger opens around 10:30/11 for blood marys and breakfast burgers.... that was our daily routine at least :)

Last edited:

rocojerry

thx -- good to hear the SB scoop too -- hope to get over there in the next few weeks if possible.

Added a few pics, no trail shots, but better than none :)