• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSA for Nick

deadheadskier

Staff member
I used to think so until riding the Skyline Quad at Sugarloaf this weekend. The conveyor belt enables the lift to run at a faster rate of speed than a typical fixed grip quad as well as having the chairs closer together. So, you get a faster ride and increased capacity.

It's actually pretty good technology..........if you can figure out how to ride it. ((((Nick))))) :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was the guy behind him. I didn't win the GoPro in this years contest. Maybe next year

elks

They clearly say to lean against the red panels at the load gate, they are just missing the disclaimer "unless your legs have the power of half a Nick."

drjeff

Lean on gate, STAND STILL, sit on chair!

If you hang back from the gate, or try and "walk" on the belt, you WILL end up looking like an a$$ infront of the liftline! ;)

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy moly I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I wish so bad we had the GoPro rolling..

wa-loaf

Hmm ... where in the video did it suggest: "Strike the gate, at speed, to use it as a braking device" ?

Nick needs to fill everyone in on his "experience" with the conveyor ...

vdk03

It was one of the funnier moments of the weekend. I was standing next to him and watched his gate open early and then nick slid out and all I heard him say was "shit" It was priceless.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
OK. So, I roll up to Skyline in the right hand lane.Ski Stef, VDK03, and DHS are all in the same line getting ready.

The group in front of us goes up. I pony up to the gate and lean against it (.... just like the video says to do!). Anyway, all the other gates stay shut and mine swings open. So I wasn't ready for it and I just rolled onto the carpet. Meanwhile, the people in front of us are in the middle of getting ready to load and look back like, "WTF is this guy doing?". I see the chair for them swinging around to the left of me. I tried to lean to the right, I cleared the chair but then the bar clipped me and knocked me off balance.

So I slow motion fall over onto the magic carpet thing. My torso is on the area to the right of the carpet, and my legs and skis are on the magic carpet. So I now have this whole slowly rotating thing going where my legs are swinging out further and i'm just spinning around in shame.

I finally get up after the stop the lift, shuffle backwards, and load the next chair.

Friggen magic carpets.