• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 3/17 w/pics & Moose sighting on trail

NHpowderhound

Date Skied: 3/17
Resort Skied: Jay Peak
Conditions: Spring snow with variable moose.
Trip Report:
Still skiing gang cant post a whole report now but the pics should tell the storyb for now.
100_0770.jpg

100_0772.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0730.jpg

100_0756.jpg

Lots more pics and a trip report tonight!

((*
*))NHPH

NHpowderhound

Alright gang, updated trip report for today.
Sunshine open to close. summit temps in the mid 30's, mid mountain got up to about 40ish and the base was close to 50.
We skied Vermont Butter today. Especially from mid mountain down. I found myself moaning out loud as I carved up turn after turn of creamy delight! It was that good folks. The very top was a bit fast in spots with some soft, and my son described it perfectly, "Bagles and Cream Cheese", meaning if you got outside the "cream cheese" it was a bit like the burnt scratchy part of the toasted bagle! I thoiught it was brilliant! But that was just at the top and in th morning.
I cant tell you guys how proud I am of that kid. He tried his first heli today. He tried his first daffy today. He skied Upper Can Am. He skied while I ate lunch. He skied in the late afternoon when I was spent. He climbed up Lower Exhibition twice after the lift closed to hit all the jumps, again. What a day.
I diddnt really get into the woods much. I skied the upper part of Timbucktu while my son dominated Derrick Hot Shot. 'Bucktu was beautiful but it had gotten some sun. Everglade, Staircase, Deliverance, Face and most other north facing woods looked pretty shiny and hard.
Best runs we found were over on the Jet. Buttah! Anything over there is good save UN. That was BIG BIG BUMPS. and they diddnt look very soft at all. Hope things soften up for thier bump contest. I cou ldnt ski that thing T2B. Not anymore.
I'm in the Tower Bar right now as I write this. A cold UFO next to me. My son is showering and getting ready for bed upstairs. Life is good. I will say, the Tower Bar is beautiful. The view is awsome. The service is not what I paid good money for. This afternoon after skiing I came in and tried to get a beer on this verry Happy St. Patricks day. I see a bar PACKED with people. 1 waitress. Thats 1. St. Patricks Day and they have 1 waitress to serve an entire bar packed with thirsty skiers and riders. I bet she made $1000 bucks today and she couldnt get out of her own way. Sorry Jay Peak, I love you but your Tower Bar staff is not up to the standard I would expect after so much hard work to make an outstanding facility.
Ok enough rant, here are some more pics.

100_0726.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0729.jpg

100_0730.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0735.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0744.jpg

100_0754.jpg

100_0758.jpg