• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/11/09 - Sunday River - Powder Day

WJenness

SR was sick today...

8" fresh, fell until about noon, then the sun came out for a bluebird afternoon.

GREAT day, will post more details later... heading out to the Matterhorn for Dinner now.

-w

awesome..I'm guess the powder was wicked light since the couple inches of snow we received had some serious fluff factor..almost every ski area in the northeast has received new snow in the past 24 hours..serious stoke!!!

Edd

I was there too, expecting nothing this morning. What a f***** day. I spent the first half on White Cap, Locke, and Barker which normally I avoid on a Sunday. No lift lines and chopped up powder all day.

I didn't intend to but I ducked a rope into Wizards Gulch off of Rogue Angel to get to Caramba. My skis paid the price a couple of times but Caramba was nice. I rode the Oz chair which I never get to do, skiing weekdays mostly. They dropped the rope on Top Gun. Got 2nd tracks on Upper Cut, which is about 10 ft long, unfortunately. Completely unexpected powder day....loved it!