• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1/13 Blue mountain...mad sweet and low..

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun Sunday morning session at Blue mountain. On the drive up I rocked out to Kanye West and some dance music on the radio. The song "I LIke To Move It Move It came on just as I passed the Booter mountain drive-inn which provided stoke for a totally legit day at the mountain with Pennsylvanias highest vertical drop. As I passed the upper erntrance the temperature was 29 degrees but it dropped to 25 degrees by the time I pulled into the Valley parking lot...mad inversion Yo!!! I was happy to be wearing underarmour for the first time in more than a week. In the lot I talked with GahSkier George for a minute and then waited around for a few more minutes to be scanned in. The security gueard was telling me about people in the parking lots getting their cars broken into and also couples making whoopie in the parking lot..lol

Just as I was about to be scanned in..Noxidee and his brother emerged from the lower lot with their morning tickets. His brother is a knuckledragger but he kept up and even used Noxidees poles on shuttle..mad steezy yo. As expected, the trails were poorly groomed. Lots of divits, chunks, and craters on Challenge..Paradise was the smoothest snow on the mountain. So after a few mad steezy speed runs on Challenge and Paradise we hit up Lazy Mile which was already mad sweet and low sugar snow at 8:00AM and the boardercross was were thick but fortunately there was alot of pop on the mini tabletop to the left of the cement mixer. The mini-pipe was sa weet..I got at least 8 feet out of the pipe...lol..The butter box was mad creamy. Main Street was chunky and pretty crappy. The bumps got groomed out for the first time this season.

Overnight they blew snow on the lower part of Paradise, Homestretch, Shuttle, and Burma road..maybe others as well. Guns were blasting on the lower half of Razors until 9:00AM. Around 9:00AM Justin joined our crew and that's when the real fun began. We skied a very sandy/sugary lazy mile to the lower part of the Sidewinder park..then I'd Jib the log and ski down the steps. One run I even made two turns in the grass on the side..luckily only a few scratches to my bases from little rocks. Twice Justin and I went off the little Tabletop by the cement mixer side by side..him on the left..me on the right...it's cool when two people yell drop at the same time..it startles the hell out of everybody..lol. I also sam BMTroublemaker and Justo but didn't really ski with them. In total I skied 18 runs by 10:25AM and left due to the conditions being uber beat and the trails getting really conjested. My legs are feeling so solid. Totday was my last weekend session at Blue until February since I'll be in Jackson Hole the next two weekends. With that in mind I had to hit up the Booter mountain drive inn on the way home.

The Booter mountain drive inn was happening..wow..almost every table was filled up and there were even two people wearing ski boots. If they sold beer, it would make for some great Apres-Skiing. I had a mushroom and Ham Omelatte with no steeze, hash browns, toast, and bacon..and since the service was real slow I drank a shit-ton of coffee. Now I'm doing laundry..woo hoo..all in all a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain and now the weather channel is saying 3-4 inches overnight of fresh PA Poe..as Noxidee said,"I won't believe it until I can taste a flake"..hahaha