• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/3/23 Bromley

slatham

Resort or Ski Area
Bromley Mountain
Date
Dec 3, 2023
Snow Conditions
  1. Powder
IMG_6497.jpegAfter a 36 hour hiatus winter returned. Payoff for being a weather geek as I had been watching this afternoon as a potential pow moment for 5+ days. Dumping by 11, we had 4-5” by closing. I did the 12-4 shift. Nobody here, and by that I mean literally less than 30 people. And for the first time this year I skied the all natural Shincracker trail as my “going home” poach, with a resilient base and 4” of the finest sierra cement this side of, well, the sierras. Love skiing in the snow.

Trail pic is West Meadow at 1pm.

Heartful.zzz

Nice picture! Nothing beats shredding fresh powder on the slopes. Glad you had a sick day out there with all that snow. Keep enjoying those epic skiing adventures! 🏂❄️

slatham

We need fresh reports. I know the weather isn’t cooperating so we’ll give you some time.
Sorry, haven't been up, and the Christmas holiday period was not worthy of a report!

I was there a week ago and skied Sunday with 6” fresh at gun and 2”+ during the day. Radical improvement in conditions and mental state. Not enough to open anything. Monday was blue bird cord packed powder. 2 great days.

Hope to be out again Thursday. With the recent “net gainers” and what is now *forecasted* to be 3-6” it promises to be good.

meff

Today was pretty good, not sure if it was from the squall but the mountain was skiing much better than Sunday. Guns were going strong on panic and peril all day.

slatham

Today was pretty good, not sure if it was from the squall but the mountain was skiing much better than Sunday. Guns were going strong on panic and peril all day.
I always find the 2nd groom - day 2 - after a refreeze of wet snow is always much improved. Couple of inches doesn’t hurt either! Hoping today can deliver a bit more.