• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2007 Bandit B2's

I'm 6'5" and weigh OVER 270 lbs. I've skied Fischer RC4's in a 156 for a number of years now, and love them.

Long length is a thing of the past. Let go of it. The 174s will be fine.

Wowsers..on a guy your size those would look like clown skis...lol

I don't doubt it. I am just having trouble imaging a 270lb guy flying down the mountain at 50mph on 156cm skis. I thought I was being silly buying the 167 Rossi 9S (those will be too short, what am I thinking?) but i was very pleasantly surprised. Maybe going even shorter would have been more fun.

Speaking of Bode, aren't race slalom skis right around 150cm anyway? So they must work some.

For college racers..slalom skis must be 165cm for men..as far as I know

Greg

Staff member
Hahaha..I'd go with the 180+ length over 174s..IMHO..you're short but a pretty big guy..

I wouldn't call 5'8" and 190 "pretty big". He's pretty much average, maybe a tad on the short side. 182s are too long, IMHO..

BTW, learn to multi-quote (
multiquote_off.gif
). Of course that will cut down on your post-whoring...

JimG.

Staff member
I don't doubt it. I am just having trouble imaging a 270lb guy flying down the mountain at 50mph on 156cm skis. I thought I was being silly buying the 167 Rossi 9S (those will be too short, what am I thinking?) but i was very pleasantly surprised. Maybe going even shorter would have been more fun.

Speaking of Bode, aren't race slalom skis right around 150cm anyway? So they must work some.

I think the RC4's that Dork has are race stock.

That said, I've tried skis shorter than my current skis (Fischer RX8's in 170) and I don't feel comfortable skiing on skis that short.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
curious where you read/heard this. One of the reasons I've been loyal to Rossi for so many years is I've had great lluck with durability and ski life.

At least 2 people I know had them and the same thing happened. But like others' have said, if they work for you then go for it. The Atomics do have a foam core as well but they also have their beta 4 or whatever they call it...which are the rails that run lengthwise that are added for more stiffness, including torsional stiffness which seems to give them more stability and durability over the longrun compared to Rossi's. Caveat: I have not done any recent research on this years skis.

skimore

I'm 6'5" and weigh OVER 270 lbs. I've skied Fischer RC4's in a 156 for a number of years now, and love them.

Long length is a thing of the past. Let go of it. The 174s will be fine.

If your going after any powder..... go long

deadheadskier

Staff member
http://gear.alpinezone.com/bco/shop/P-7791/Rossignol_Bandit_B2_Alpine_Ski.html

It shows up at $299 there, but they are $240 once you click "Buy Now". Only 174cm in stock though. 21 pairs available right now.

THANK YOU GREG!!!!

I was able to talk them down to $220 including shipping. Not the $199 that Koreshot got with Sierra, but still a DAMN good deal.

I'm gonna give it a go with the 174. I think I'll be just fine with them. My primary use for this ski is on piste medium turns and bumps, which the 174 will be better for on the medium turns and the shorter length better for the bumps. I have a set of 184 Axium Powder boards that are great for that when I need them. Their old, but essentially indestructable. I've got close to 150 days on them have noticed no decline in performance.

As for the B2's breaking down. The shop Greg pointed me towards offers a lifetime guarantee, so if they go the way of the noodle after 25 days, I can exchange them or get a refund.

I'm psyched. One of the best deals I've gotten on skis ever. Now, maybe I'll buy my gf the new coffee table she wants before looking for bindings :lol:

Thanks again Greg!!!

Greg

Staff member
THANK YOU GREG!!!!

I was able to talk them down to $220 including shipping. Not the $199 that Koreshot got with Sierra, but still a DAMN good deal.

I'm gonna give it a go with the 174. I think I'll be just fine with them. My primary use for this ski is on piste medium turns and bumps, which the 174 will be better for on the medium turns and the shorter length better for the bumps. I have a set of 184 Axium Powder boards that are great for that when I need them. Their old, but essentially indestructable. I've got close to 150 days on them have noticed no decline in performance.

As for the B2's breaking down. The shop Greg pointed me towards offers a lifetime guarantee, so if they go the way of the noodle after 25 days, I can exchange them or get a refund.

I'm psyched. One of the best deals I've gotten on skis ever. Now, maybe I'll buy my gf the new coffee table she wants before looking for bindings :lol:

Thanks again Greg!!!

That's great! Congrats. I think you'll find the size is perfect based on your height/weight. Enjoy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just Arrived :)

I think I'm going to put them in the bed and see what kind of reaction I get out of the girlfiend :lol:

If your going after any powder..... go long

agreed, its all about surface area in the deep...longer and wider = float better. My powder skis are 189s.
FIS rules are 165 for a mens slalom ski, 155 for ladies. Length needs to be determined by more than your weight and size...I'm 60lbs lighter and 4" shorter than SkiDork but there's no way I'm going to have as good a time on a 157 as I do on my 176s, 182s, 184s, or 189s...but I like big turns and higher speeds on a variety of terrain...not short, quick carves. I'll trench 'em...just bigger, longer trenches that probably aren't as deep as SkiDorks. And I've let go of the past...haven't skied a 207 in a decade.