• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2008 Ski Swaps

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Will the restaurant be open? You can buy:-D
The bar area is where they take in all the stuff for the swap. Sorry. We could always all get together at Chatterly's or something for a drink. We'll be heading up to drop off stuff after Brian gets home, but that means we'll likely arrive around 5:30/6PM.

Greg

Staff member
I'll be with my daughter so a drink is probably out for me. I'd imagine we'll be on our way to Avon shortly after 5 pm to drop off some skis for a tune (just need to get my pass first to score a free one!).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'll be with my daughter so a drink is probably out for me. I'd imagine we'll be on our way to Avon shortly after 5 pm to drop off some skis for a tune (just need to get my pass first to score a free one!).
On second thought, we'll have our kids, too. :oops: Guess I wasn't thinking that all the way through. :oops:

Good idea on using up that free tune while you're out that way.

o3jeff

On second thought, we'll have our kids, too. :oops: Guess I wasn't thinking that all the way through. :oops:

Good idea on using up that free tune while you're out that way.

Looks like all of you will be hanging at Friendly's

Philpug

Wicks will be having our second swap this weekend 11/8-9 good stuff to be had.

o3jeff

I am putting a pair of boots in the swap tonight and and am trying to figure out what size to list them as. They are a 25.5 (7.5 US), should I list them as a size 8.5 since you are suppose to down size? Or list them as the 7.5 and probably have them be big on everyone who tries them on.

The only size listed on the boot is the sole length so unless someone pulls the liner they will not know what size they actually are other than what I list them as.

Greg

Staff member
Nice to see you Carrie, Brian and Jeff at the swap. I couldn't believe how busy it was there. Most nights mid-season the lot hasn't been that full. The line to drop off equipment was uber long, but by just being at the beloved Sundown on a nice evening, I didn't mind at all. My mind was daydreaming about a great upcoming season while I waited.

Brian/Carrie - your kids are cute as hell. How'd you make out outfitting them with some rad gear?

bvibert

Staff member
Nice to see you Carrie, Brian and Jeff at the swap. I couldn't believe how busy it was there. Most nights mid-season the lot hasn't been that full. The line to drop off equipment was uber long, but by just being at the beloved Sundown on a nice evening, I didn't mind at all. My mind was daydreaming about a great upcoming season while I waited.

Brian/Carrie - your kids are cute as hell. How'd you make out outfitting them with some rad gear?

We ended up with two pairs of boots mondo sizes 15.5 and 18.5 for $25 a pair. Both are Dalbello... :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
We ended up with two pairs of boots mondo sizes 15.5 and 18.5 for $25 a pair. Both are Dalbello... :D
Yup, Mommy is the only one without Dalbellos. ::pout:: ;)

Thanks, Greg! Great seeing you and Jeff, too! (Jeff-Thanks for helping us go through all those boots for the little guy!) I made the same observation on our way in: I swear the lot wasn't that full most nights I was at Sundown last season! :eek: Nice to see everyone getting out there and getting pumped up!

o3jeff

Good to see you guys again. Lines were long, but started to move pretty quick. Going back Sunday during the day lite should really peg the ski jones.