• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Boating Thread

Mpdsnowman

Fishin has been great on lake ontario. I hope everyone had a great 4th week. If you had a boat and didnt use it you missed out on some great weather...

4aprice

Spent a really fun weekend at the Jersey shore on our friends beautiful 34 foot Sea Ray Cabin Cruiser out of Toms River. Only downside is that the Jelly Fish have started to make an appearence. Hit the Seaside boardwalk Saturday night. Tacky? yes but entertaining.

Hope to do some good skiing this week here on the lake then get the boat ready for a road trip to Lake George before the end of the month.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Geoff

7765196170_eb36ee3850_h.jpg

4aprice

Thunder storms have been playing havoc with the boating schedule this year. It's August now and time to calm down so we can get some skiing in.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

SKIQUATTRO

the pelican kayaks are great, i've had mine for 8 years now, looks like the day i bought it and it stays outside year 'round

Huck_It_Baby

2012-08-119513.04.05.jpg

My weekend was fun.

Heavy rains + big waves hitting a break wall and crashing over my transom took out my baby on Saturday.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
wow great pic geoff. i haven't ventured into this thread because, well, I don't boat, but that sunset or sunrise pic is very nice.

4aprice

Looking like a pretty decent weekend upcoming. Showers clearing out tomorrow AM and a clear Sunday. Gotta get out and ski early maybe both days and burn some gas before pulling to go to Lake George and maybe Bomoseen next weekend. Daughter leaves for college this weekend and son for Band Camp Monday, not much left of summer.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

That front that came through Sat AM definately brought a hint of fall. There was a little nip to the air on the water. Couple of nights in the low 50's and the rain cooled the water as well. Light traffic made for some decent cruising but too windy for good skiing so I hope to get out a couple of evenings this week before I pull it to go to Lake George. Still have some gas to burn.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Off to Lake George. Looking forward to some good cruising, beautiful water and some exploration. Hope I can get my cell phone working as I went for a dip with it in Lake Hopatcong last night.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Back save and sound (us and the boat) from Lake George. What a fantastic stretch of water. Cruised the entire 32 miles, anchored at Shelving Rock Bay near Log Bay and enjoyed the crystal clean water at a really nice temperature. No issues with traffic, towing or launching made for a great relaxing trip.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Great weekend in Byram Cove on Lake Hopatcong. We may be a smaller lake but we gotta have one of the best party coves around. Season will be ending soon and I'm looking forward to skiing but its been great with new friends and great rafting parties. Makes the summer go by fast and I'm glad we have something to look forward to after the ski season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

One step closer to ski season. The boat comes out of the water today. Took the final cruise Friday with the warmth and now its time to wrap it and store it. A fun season and look forward to next summer (after winter of course).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ