• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2013 Boating Thread

ctenidae

Sold my sailboat today, sadly. The money's going into the "These are the sacrifices we made so you would have a good life and get a college education fund" for maximum guilt utility later.

I don't expect it to work, but still.

bigbog

Sold my sailboat today, sadly. The money's going into the "These are the sacrifices we made so you would have a good life and get a college education fund" for maximum guilt utility later.

I don't expect it to work, but still.

Ah..I know what it's like to sell the boat you love....ctenidae!:grin:...maybe it might lead to a season pass.. There's where you can use the MGU(max guilt utility)....LOL.

4aprice

Most awesome weekend on the lake. Fri night, Saturday and Sunday. The water is a beautiful 82 degrees. Byram Cove was electric this weekend. Who needs the shore:smash:. (Actually I like the shore too but the Lake was great this past weekend).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Damm, Off the water this weekend due to a bad starter. Gotta be fixed by Tuesday for Lake George trip the end of this week. Sucks being dry docked on such a beautiful weekend. B.O.A.T. = Bring out another thousand (starter better not cost that much).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Mpdsnowman

Our season has been moving right along. Its hard to believe its mid August lol. Its really not that bad a thought I guess. But its been a great boating/fishing season. (its all in the same where I live kinda like two hands lol). Weather wise and water level wise its been great. Cant think of too many bad days we had out. And others around me particularly the weekend warriors and vacationers had great weather too.

Heres a nice vid from two days ago. Give you a good idea of the weather we had (also shows a cool double lol). I figure we have another good two months left before its slopetime lol.

Enjoy and be safe, water levels drop in most inland waters.

4aprice

Boat in the shop getting new starter today. Leaving for Lake George Thursday am. With all the rain we've had not too worried about water levels. More worried about the water temps. Hopatcong has dropped at least 10 degrees off its highs already. Plenty of boating left before thoughts turn to putting her away for the season and pulling out the skis.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Back safe and sound from a beautiful 4 day adventure to Lake George. Wonderful time hanging out at Log Bay and got some good skiing in too. Nice water temps and crystal clean water. What a beautiful place. Looking forward to another trip next summer (either there or Lake Winnipesaukee).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ctenidae

Got out both days this weekend. Absolutely gorgeous out on the Sound. Caught 3 Sea Robins, but threw them back, and didn't realize my mistake until I got home and looked them up. Oh well, live and learn.

o3jeff

Got out both days this weekend. Absolutely gorgeous out on the Sound. Caught 3 Sea Robins, but threw them back, and didn't realize my mistake until I got home and looked them up. Oh well, live and learn.

I just looked them up to see what they were, what was your mistake with them?

4aprice

Always a little sad to see the summer unofficially shut down. Friday and Sunday were decent days and good time salutes to the end of summer. Got a good 4 weeks left with the lake bar crawl scheduled for this weekend (and good weather this far out). October 1st she comes out, cleaned, winterized, and stored and then its on to ski season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

wa-loaf

This could go in the wtf or youtube gems thread, but well here ya go:

Last edited:

ctenidae

Too late for this season, but this looks like fun: http://aqualilypad.com/about/ (sorry, carriage return's not working today) Why, though, do all scenes with scantily clad women standing around water always end up in a wrestling match? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just curious. 130705_00229.jpg

Hawkshot99

Too late for this season, but this looks like fun: http://aqualilypad.com/about/ (sorry, carriage return's not working today) Why, though, do all scenes with scantily clad women standing around water always end up in a wrestling match? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just curious. View attachment 9157

Are you saying that the matte, or the girls look fun? Because I agree with both.

wa-loaf

Too late for this season, but this looks like fun: http://aqualilypad.com/about/ (sorry, carriage return's not working today) Why, though, do all scenes with scantily clad women standing around water always end up in a wrestling match? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, just curious. View attachment 9157

Friends have one of those. It is fun, but replace the hot chicks with a bunch of 40 year olds and little kids ....

4aprice

We have seen those on Hopatcong. There are some wild floatable things that can be bought (massive in size ) and some are very expen$ive. One of the greatest things I saw this summer at Lake George was a floating Beer Pong table.

Bar Crawl tomorrow on the lake, can't wait.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Last edited: