• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

BenedictGomez

Positive things are definitely afoot, at least for n.NE. Second 1/2 of March into April increasingly looks like below normal temps, and the NAO will likely go negative. Storms might return.

mriceyman

It's a complete joke. John Hope(rip) must be turning in his grave. :-(

Im cousins with one of the "girls" that does in the field reporting. Shes good at what she does but shes not in a studio yet. Once she moves up in the world i can give her crap for being wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

12z GFS holds course for this weekend as mostly snow from roughly VT/MA border north, but the Canadian comes in much warmer than prior and would be mostly a rain event all the way to Canada.

If you have plans to ski anywhere in the Pocono chain or Cats on Saturday, change them.

dlague

Warmer temps had to come sooner or later - I just wanted them later! Here is to hoping the snow pack holds on tight! Pray for slow warming and limited r@!n!

Edd

Cranmore had perfect conditions yesterday. High of 48 with decent sun. Not too hot. Snow didn't really bump up which my GF appreciated.

BenedictGomez

Potential good one coming Friday afternoon to Saturday morning. The "where" and "how much" stuff is way too early, but the energy's on every model in some form, so it looks promising. Fingers crossed.

catsup948

Potential good one coming Friday afternoon to Saturday morning. The "where" and "how much" stuff is way too early, but the energy's on every model in some form, so it looks promising. Fingers crossed.

Looks nice on the 00z Canadian. It would be nice to get one last event outside of northern Vermont.

Jcb890

Weather Underground is saying perhaps some rain. It seems like the temps might be too high for snow... at least what they are predicting right now. I'm seeing 44* Friday and 40* Saturday with Sunday back down to 30*.

This is for Mt. Snow by the way.

BenedictGomez

It's increasing looking like.......something potentially really good is going to happen......somewhere in ski country.

Even the timing is uncertain, but looks probably Friday night into early Saturday. I really like the fact that all the models have a storm, but that there's virtually no agreement other than that simply fact 4.5 days out. Seems to me that when they're totally confused it sometimes means they're being overwhelmed. Fingers crossed (toes too).

Jcb890

It's increasing looking like.......something potentially really good is going to happen......somewhere in ski country.

Even the timing is uncertain, but looks probably Friday night into early Saturday. I really like the fact that all the models have a storm, but that there's virtually no agreement other than that simply fact 4.5 days out. Seems to me that when they're totally confused it sometimes means they're being overwhelmed. Fingers crossed (toes too).

Let's hope! Keep us updated on what you find.