• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-2018 Season Passes

cdskier

has anyone posted that max has added windham belle gore and whiteface?

Yes...good additions, although people further east in New England may not care as much as people in the NY/NJ areas. This type of pass would have been ideal for me 10 years ago as it has so many of the places I used to do day trips or long weekend trips to.

KustyTheKlown

yea max just went from better to damn near perfect for me. my only gripes were the lack of something decent within 3 hours of nyc, the lack of something decent in northern vt, and the lack of something worth visiting in tahoe. belleayre/windham take care of catskills, and gore/whiteface basically take care of northern vt (yes i know they are in ny). i'd still like to see jay and something worth visiting in tahoe.

also a little bummed to see stevens leave the pass. i loved it this year and a buddy just moved to seattle. but crystal/alpental/bachelor works

4aprice

has anyone posted that max has added windham belle gore and whiteface?

More local options for us. :thumbup: Very helpful for the early part of the season if the weather will cooperate. Still enjoying this season (about to embark on 10 day western trip with Max) and now already looking forward to next. Will be renewing tomorrow.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Pez

For next season I ended up getting a season pass at Ski Butternut for $350. It's a little further for me and slightly more expensive than Blandford but when you figure in their snowmaking it's a no brainer. That combined with some Sunday sleeper trips to Snow and a trip up north or out west for a week and I'll have a lot of skiing.

Love more day trips up to VT but working second it's difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skimagic

Stevens Pass decided to join the new Cascadia pass, an add on to an existing Stevens, crystal, or alpental season pass. I like this concept too.

also a little bummed to see stevens leave the pass. i loved it this year and a buddy just moved to seattle. but crystal/alpental/bachelor works[/QUOTE]

medfordmike

I wonder if Pico will allow the MAX pass add on to their $399 pass. I know that MAX has minimum pass prices for allowing the add on, but if Stratton is able to do it with their $399 value pass, I'd expect Pico should be able to do it, too.

The Statton value pass plus MAX add on for $728 seems like a fantastic deal for folks that will ski Stratton at least 7 times.

Looks like this year they are going to allow it. They did not this season.

M.A.X.ify your My Pico Season Pass
New for 2017-18, My Pico Passes are eligible for the M.A.X. Pass add-on offering 5 days of skiing and riding at 43 additional mountains.

LEARN MORE

4aprice

yea max just went from better to damn near perfect for me. my only gripes were the lack of something decent within 3 hours of nyc, the lack of something decent in northern vt, and the lack of something worth visiting in tahoe. belleayre/windham take care of catskills, and gore/whiteface basically take care of northern vt (yes i know they are in ny). i'd still like to see jay and something worth visiting in tahoe.

also a little bummed to see stevens leave the pass. i loved it this year and a buddy just moved to seattle. but crystal/alpental/bachelor works

Almost perfect for me as well. Camelback PA joining would be the ultimate for us but, even without it, it's a great buy for us. And there still may be some additions for out west coming. Will cost a little more but we will probably do the same combo of Max and CBK next year. At least CBK has dropped the late March deadline for best price that they had done for a couple of years and extended it till fall. March was tough with the pass deadlines and boat slip all coming due around the same time (ouch!)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Jcb890

Wachusett Silver is eligible to be part of the MAX Pass Add-On.

I still may go a different direction, but it at least makes Wachusett a viable option w/ the MAX.

Krikaya

For someone who is more than a casual skier and likes to explore the maxpass is an amazing deal especially in New England. 13 mountains within driving distance times 5 days of unrestricted skiing equals 65 days. And that doesn't even include anything out west.

If I use all the eastern days that's $9.67 a day to ski some of the best resorts in the east. Amazing. I bitch about corporations a lot but here is an example of smart marketing and using the power of numbers to give consumers a great deal. Whoever put this deal together for maxpass deserves a raise and a promotion. And now if I can just convince my boss to give me time off from work!

4aprice

For someone who is more than a casual skier and likes to explore the maxpass is an amazing deal especially in New England. 13 mountains within driving distance times 5 days of unrestricted skiing equals 65 days. And that doesn't even include anything out west.

If I use all the eastern days that's $9.67 a day to ski some of the best resorts in the east. Amazing. I bitch about corporations a lot but here is an example of smart marketing and using the power of numbers to give consumers a great deal. Whoever put this deal together for maxpass deserves a raise and a promotion. And now if I can just convince my boss to give me time off from work!

Admittedly, my wife and I are pretty much empty nesters (Quasi, as in they are grown, not gone) and maybe in a much different situation, but take advantage of it and go west too and its an even better deal. We are loving this season with Max Pass and I won't go anywhere near my full compliment of tickets (still have all my Killington in hope of a deep spring). Already got 4 in and going out to use 7-8 more days in Colorado/Utah next week, probably worth the cost of the pass right there.

In the east, in Mass, I think your in better position then we are in NJ, as the 10 days in Maine have good value IMO, and that's a tough one from down here in Jersey. (Loon's about my driving tolerance these days). We weekend with it, been to Okemo, Stratton and Loon for 2 days each, this season already and having the whole ticket thing worked out in advance, is just value added to it. Gore will be a great weekend destination, (easy drive from NNJ) along with Pico, which I doubt I get to this season, next season.

Wife and I are still working stiff's. We can't and don't want to travel every weekend, avoid the holiday periods too, and its amazing when planning out the season and a couple of trips out west, how few weekends there are to use the tickets. Belleayre and Windham can be day tripped out of here, so even more value to me. For us this is the greatest value skiing right now.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

KustyTheKlown

i do use it every weekend except for the vt5-pack days, and also have gotten west for 2 trips/3 weeks, and i am already down to ~$17 a day ($550/32). this weekend will finish out the five pack at burke and use a magic voucher. after that i anticipate at least 3 more max pass weekends (2 days killington, 4 days sunday river). bringing the pass down to $14 a day. then add in the vt5 pack for $200, and my season cost per day ends up at $16.66 ($750/45 days). incredible stuff.

Krikaya

In the east, in Mass, I think your in better position then we are in NJ,
Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I'll bet the addition of the 4 NY areas was designed to lure NYC and NJ skiers into the already great deal. I was going to buy even before the updates were announced. So today is like Christmas to me: a Noreaster, a new pass next year with all my favorite mountains and nothing to do all day except plan my skiing for the next 3 days. Life is Good.

4aprice

I'll bet the addition of the 4 NY areas was designed to lure NYC and NJ skiers into the already great deal. I was going to buy even before the updates were announced. So today is like Christmas to me: a Noreaster, a new pass next year with all my favorite mountains and nothing to do all day except plan my skiing for the next 3 days. Life is Good.

I'm actually quite shocked New York State (Bell, Gore, Whiteface) jumped in.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

KustyTheKlown

today seriously rules on so many levels.
- work from home and barely working
- new england gets nuked across the board to revive and extend our season
- max pass deposit day
- the disco biscuits just announced 3 nights at the capitol theatre in late april
- my accountant just told me i'm getting $3700 back this year

roses.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i do use it every weekend except for the vt5-pack days, and also have gotten west for 2 trips/3 weeks, and i am already down to ~$17 a day ($550/32). this weekend will finish out the five pack at burke and use a magic voucher. after that i anticipate at least 3 more max pass weekends (2 days killington, 4 days sunday river). bringing the pass down to $14 a day. then add in the vt5 pack for $200, and my season cost per day ends up at $16.66 ($750/45 days). incredible stuff.

You should change your plan from 4 Sunday River days to at least 2 Sugarloaf and 2 Sunday River, if not all 4 at Sugarloaf. Especially this year.

KustyTheKlown

they also announced something like $20mm in funding for improvements at the ny3, including a gondola for belleayre. they're clearly trying to drive business and i think that's great. i know i wouldn't go to windham or belleayre before, and now they are great options for early season and weekends when i can only get away for one day. i'll still do my one day a year at plattekill. and i'll still probably buy my vt 5 pack. gore and whiteface will definitely earn visits from me over stratton and okemo.

4aprice

You should change your plan from 4 Sunday River days to at least 2 Sugarloaf and 2 Sunday River, if not all 4 at Sugarloaf. Especially this year.

Had exactly those plans a couple of years ago with a buddy of mine who has a place at SR. Ended up spending all 4 at SR. No regrets, It was great. Definitely want to get to the Loaf, but its a long trip from Jersey. Maybe the last weekend in May if its still alive.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ