• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

22/23 Passes

thebigo

Pass prices starting to be posted:

WV - $1036 with kids ski free
WMSP - $1155
Cannon NH resident - $561, out of state - $749
BW - $945
Cranmore - $735

Pats - on sale March 7, no pricing yet
Gunstock - on sale March 4, no pricing

We are likely going 4X Ragged, 2X Pats midweek and Ikon blackout.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Might go back to Indy next year and May get another in the spring. So 4 days at magic, Jay, Bolton, cannon, Waterville, saddleback. Plus 25% off 2 more times at each if needed.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I hear there could be a pretty big re-shuffling of Ikon with additional tiers and price points beyond the Full and the Base. Also more restricted access to more non-Alterra mountains.

Full disclosure- this was just chairlift banter I heard from a couple of different groups. Not insider knowledge I heard from any of my peers/connections.

Zermatt

Mountain Collective is out. Added Snowbasin and Sun Valley. Pretty worthless pass for people from the east unless you want to do a western road trip.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Finished up my purchases today.

Gunstock Adult: $569
Gunstock Junior: $359
Gunstock Buckaroo: $49
Renewed Adult and Youth Indy Plus: $514 for both
Sunday seasonal Devo for my 4 year old: $300
Sunday seasonal Race Devo for my 7 year old $370.

$2161.

I'm pleased. Pretty solid value for a skiing family of 3 (wife doesn't ski) with access to plenty of variety and the instruction benefits for my kids. I dig that Gunstock offers their seasonal programs by the day vs making you commit to the same mountain both days.

KustyTheKlown

gonna be ikon and indy+. leaning towards full ikon to get the extra killington/no blackouts/sun valley+jackson. not doing magic sunday again unfortunately.

i have eyes on my big trip next year being NYC > SLC > beaver mountain > jackson > sun valley > powmow > snowbasin > SLC > nyc.

i'm also pulled back towards interior BC now that going to candaa will be easier. gf and i are going to montreal for the weekend of june 10. sigur ros in a fancy venue. good eats. nice hotel. very excited to go back to canada.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

just priced it all out. renewal prices apply across tiers, ie., my status as a base pass holder entitles me to renewal price on any product.

the ikon base pass is $719 renewal price

if you go "base pass plus" to add jackson/sun valley/snowbasin, you are at $919 renewal price

if you go full pass to get everything on bass plus + 7 days at all limited destinations instead of 5 + no blackouts, $979 renewal

that decides that for me, you get a lot more for the $250 difference, and planning is so much easier without having to jump thru any hoops around blackouts. the extra killington days will make a difference. i tend to really ration those as K is the best combo of distance/terrain/easy driving/cheap lodging for me. will end up paying for some magic a la carte but thats fine, they can always take my money in one way or another.

so i'll be $979 ikon + $345 indyplus

pinion

i have eyes on my big trip next year being NYC > SLC > beaver mountain > jackson > sun valley > powmow > snowbasin > SLC > nyc.

Nice! I’m working on something similar: BOS to Jackson. Ski JH, drive to Sun Valley, drive into SLC, Powder, Snowbasin, Alta, Snowbird, Deer Valley. SLC back to Boston. 1.5 weeks. Gonna put this Ikon Pass to work next year (honestly it paid for itself this year with just 3x DV, 1x Alta, and 10% off food).

KustyTheKlown

nice. i've found the flights and rental cars are pretty expensive when i don't have a simple round trip, so i like to do loops. none of the chunks of driving are that long except for jackson to sun valley, which is like 5 hours. normal new england stuff. sketchier roads tho.

abc

none of the chunks of driving are that long except for jackson to sun valley, which is like 5 hours. normal new england stuff. sketchier roads tho.
I did that stretch a few years back. Actually, twice.

To make the sketchy roads more tolerable, I break the 5 hr drive into evening and morning segments, ensuring I go over the sketchy part (Teton pass?) in daylight.

Yes, a single night motel in the middle of desolate nowhere is less than ideal. But the trade off of safe (and somewhat relaxed) drive was worth it.

Dickc

As I noted previously, I bought the Pats peak pass. I'm going to be eyeing gas prices over the next months and into the fall. I can easily do a few Boyne e-tickets a day before going, and I may pick up the Indy pass if gas prices drop enough. Indy can be bought much later in the season without much price increase.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Look out, must be those Evil Epic and Ikon passes driving folks to other options.
Park City is not that far away and a lot of folks are pissed there.

Additionally there are a lot of new homes at PowMow. And a lot more remote workers moving up there.

Zermatt

Look out, must be those Evil Epic and Ikon passes driving folks to other options.
Or directly from their website:

Season Pass Sale Update

Powder Mountain is experiencing unprecedented demand for season pass renewals this season which is causing us to reexamine our pass offerings moving forward. We will not be opening sales up to Night Pass Holders or Waitlist guests as originally scheduled and plan to rework our pass program to ensure we maintain the Powder Mountain experience for all our guests.
Those who purchase property in the Powder Mountain neighborhoods will still be guaranteed access to season passes through our membership program and we are exploring ways to enhance mountain access to our true local communities while avoiding some of the issues our fellow mountains are dealing with.
Please stay tuned for announcements regarding passes and exciting developments we are working on to enhance our beloved Powder Mountain.

djd66

Never been to Powder Mountain, what’s it like?

The website says it averages 500”/year, but this year they only show 230”.