• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

23-24 New England Season has begun !!

urungus

What major New England ski area will be next to open ? I’m starting to think it will still be only Killington this weekend…

chuckstah

What major New England ski area will be next to open ? I’m starting to think it will still be only Killington this weekend…
I'm guessing none will open this weekend also. No Epic or Ikon properties are scheduled. Waterville may open for racing, but probably not ready. Bretton Woods probably can if they want to as very little base is needed. It's early for Loon, but they have opened earlier. Ski Ward is open.

drjeff

I'm guessing none will open this weekend also. No Epic or Ikon properties are scheduled. Waterville may open for racing, but probably not ready. Bretton Woods probably can if they want to as very little base is needed. It's early for Loon, but they have opened earlier. Ski Ward is open.
Epic resorts, Mount Snow, Stowe, Okemo and Wildcat I believe as well, have been announced with a targeted open day of the 17th/18th, with the * for weather permitting

On an episode of The Storm Skiing Podcast back in September, Mount Snow’s GM acknowledged this time frame and said that *if* the weather cooperated, they might open earlier.

Having been up at my condo at Mount Snow this past weekend, and looking realistically at the weather forecast now for the next 10 days or so, their penciled in opening date of Friday the 17th, seems like it could definitely be in play

BenedictGomez

Spaceballs. At the drive-in lol.
When I was a kid there was an old theater in town that did one free screening each summer of a kid appropriate film a few days before the movie opened to the public. I saw Spaceballs and Back To The Future that way. And Flight Of The Navigator. Two out of three aint bad.