• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

36 Cheap Beers Rated

drjeff

I laughed a lot reading this list! And have drank 31 of the 36 over the years :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiFanE

What, my favorite beer at #33? WTF? I think they just put it there b/c of the '33' connection.

What's better on a hot summer day than swill? Huh? geez.... beer snobs.

Edd

"Keystone is worse than Heineken and murder." Poetry.

I'm guessing I've tried less than half of these and haven't heard of some. I spent a summer in Alaska where I drank many Rainiers...warm. I still can't talk about it.

ScottySkis

"Keystone is worse than Heineken and murder." Poetry.

I'm guessing I've tried less than half of these and haven't heard of some. I spent a summer in Alaska where I drank many Rainiers...warm. I still can't talk about it.
Semen
Heineken is much much better in Europe with higher alcohol legal amounts FYI.:beer:

Last edited:

drjeff

At the right time and scenario, ANY beer on that list would taste AMAZING to me and far better than any beer that ranks very high on a "respectable" beer list!

For example, on a stupid hot and humid day like today, after a couple of hours of yard work, a couple of ice cold Bud Light Limes (#35 on that list if I recall correctly) tastes as good to my taste buds as a can of Heady Topper does!

I will readily admit that my beer fridge is plenty full of lots of varieties of what many beer "experts" (snobs ;) ) universally consider good beer but there's also more than a few beers that made that list in there too! I consider myself a beer lover, not a beer snob! :) :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I always said 'If this is Milwaukee's best I'm never going to Milwaukee.' The author says he drank it through college which in itself isn't a glowing recommendation and that "he turned out". It doesn't say HOW he turned out just that he did.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Semen
Heineken is much much better in Europe with higher alcohol legal amounts FYI.:beer:

It's better, but Heineken still sucks in Europe. I spent a week in Amsterdam, toured the brewery and drank a crap load of it all week because that's what you drink there. The only thing they have right about serving Heineken over there is most bars pour it in about a 9 ounce glass. This ensures you're beer is likely to be ice cold start to finish as opposed to pouring it in a pint where the last 5 ounces or so end up being on the warm side. The only way I find Heineken remotely tolerable is when it's ice cold, otherwise it's pretty much skunk piss. Truthfully, I find most American domestic schwill to be superior and I probably only consume about a 6 pack of those a year as is. It blows my mind that people willingly shell out $8 for a six pack of Heineken.

If that makes me a beer snob, well, I'm happy to be one. Life's too short to drink shitty beer.

Edd

Heineken is that beer that used to be considered good because it was clearly superior to the pisswater you drank in high school. I was always happy to get my hands on some when I was 20. I was drinking a lot of Labatts at that point.

I moved to California, developed a taste for Guiness and tried a ton of other beers and it slowly occurred to me that Heineken blows. To be fair, I've realized I'm not a big fan of lagers, which brings me to Sam Adams big seller.

Sammy's lager is the next Heineken, IMO. It's that beer that a really crappy bar you find yourself in has on hand to placate dickheads like myself that will not drink a Bud. I'll drink a Sammy when I have to but it bums me out.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was at a wedding recently where Sam Adams Boston Lager was the only "premium" beer offered. I could only stomach a couple before I made the switch to booze. It had been years since I had a Sam and I had remembered it being better in the past. Guess I'm just not a fan of Lagers either.