• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Air Fit Boots?

Rushski

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the couple boot models that Tecnica has available this season w/air bladders to enhance fit?

I had a pair of Raichle RX8s back in the late 80s that had an air bladder. Didn't love them as I sat back in the rear-entry style and had some rivets pop. The air bladders would also let off a little air of the course of the day compromising fit.

Figured the new air bladders will hold air better. Plus with it being a traditional four buckle, figure it would just enhance the fit.

Thoughts?

Hawkshot99

We have a cut away of the Phoenix Air in our shop. It seems like it will provide a very good hold of the foot. There is a life time warranty on the bladder leaking so you should be good there. I just dont like the fit of the boot so i will never ski it.

bigbog

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the couple boot models that Tecnica has available this season w/air bladders to enhance fit?

I had a pair of Raichle RX8s back in the late 80s that had an air bladder. Didn't love them as I sat back in the rear-entry style and had some rivets pop. The air bladders would also let off a little air of the course of the day compromising fit.

Figured the new air bladders will hold air better. Plus with it being a traditional four buckle, figure it would just enhance the fit.

Thoughts?

YES!..Rushski...THAT's the brand that I/we had(for a while)..confused it with either HEAD or Nordica, but it WAS Raichle. Bladder over the instep mostly..y/n? It would slowly leak....and rear-entry.<-- LOL, what a laugh with what I now know about the shape of my feet...LOL. Didn't try any of the Tecnicas with the bladder cuz I got finished with my shopping...and still have eyes peeled towards new Lange and HEAD boots that fit great.....but bought pair of Atomics prior to seeing them...but am happy.
Ditto Hawkshot99...looks like the bladder is in the good areas...imho...

$.01
SteveD

Last edited: