• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Forums has a native Android app! And: it's FREE

xwhaler

Just got it. Def quicker than traditional website. Nice job

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Apple Development is kind of a pain. Android, you just build the file and upload it. Apple is like fifty hoops to jump through :/

gmcunni

so what you are saying is apple has a process in place to help ensure some level of quality in the apps they post on Itunes while Google doesn't give a shit?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
so what you are saying is apple has a process in place to help ensure some level of quality in the apps they post on Itunes while Google doesn't give a shit?

It's not about the app though. They validate you are a business with a DUNS number (The first time I have EVER had to use a DUNS number in 10+ years of running various businesses). The issue was our LLC was listed in DUNS as a sole proprietorship and not a formal company; SO; I had to contact DUNS, and then that process takes 21 days.

Also you need a Mac computer so I can't do anything anyway, I need Stef to push it out :lol:

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's nearly the end of the week. Just saying ... ;-)

wah, too confident to early! Like Nick said the Apple Development is kind of a pain, minor issues that take quite a bit of time to resolve. I have not forgotten - Thanks for being patient!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
The signature is just the thing under posts .. e.g. "sent from my phone" ... after much debate I finally turned mine off :lol:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hmm... I see it in my app. Were you using a wireless or wifi connection? Just out of curiosity. It did take a few sec. for it to show.

Cannonball

Looking for some guidance from other users. I really want to check this out but my phone is seriously memory limited and this app is 3.5MB. What should I uninstall to make space:

- AlpineReplay: 7MB. Hardly ever works right. But I really want to get to the top of that thread about top speeds
- G Massage: 2.9MB. Kinda self explanatory
- Twitter: 5.9MB. I still don't understand what this app does but everyone keeps talking about it. Help!
- Don't Rape: 386k. What would I do without this one?
- Legal Heat: 2.3MB. As one reviewer says "Apparently works well". What more can you ask for?

Thanks so much for your help.

Puck it

Looking for some guidance from other users. I really want to check this out but my phone is seriously memory limited and this app is 3.5MB. What should I uninstall to make space:

- AlpineReplay: 7MB. Hardly ever works right. But I really want to get to the top of that thread about top speeds
- Twitter: 5.9MB. I still don't understand what this app does but everyone keeps talking about it. Help!
- Legal Heat: 2.3MB. As one reviewer says "Apparently works well". What more can you ask for?

Were they free apps?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Post of the year

twinplanx

Nick, any chance there may be an app for Windows Phones at some point? I realize they are not the most popular devices, even Pandora doesn't have an app for us :(