• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 3.0 - March 30th - April 1st @ Sugarloaf

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Ordering some products now, for raffles. Gonna give away some shirts, hats, etc. as well, so make sure you all show up !

xwhaler

Hey Nick, Sounds great. Mostly at the Sat apres party and/or the Friday night welcome event as well down at the Brewpub?
We were at both last year and had a good time. I may no be able to get all 16 of us at the Friday night party with folks showing up at various times but I'll certainly be there with some ppl!

TDog

5 Posts

I have 5 posts. Why can't I view the official roster thread? :sadwalk:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Give it some time. The promotions system that adds you to the "group" that you need to post in that thread runs on a schedule, not sure what it is but I think it's like every half hour or something.

mlkrgr

Though it looks like a nice event, I have to pass. By then, I have to start gearing up for soccer season which will (most likely at this rate) start on time this season with not many fields closed due to wet fields thanks to thawed snow. Plus, the effective cost per day skiing looks like it'll be a bit high w/ gasoline costs (better deals still exist for ski and stay in NH as I have vouchers to use for Cranmore and I traditionally do one trip in NH and then fill in the rest through bus trips).

mlkrgr

@mlkrgr, have you skied Sugarloaf? If not, it's worth it. Plus, the season is just getting started 8)

Haven't been able to get up there yet mostly in favor of keeping drives to under 3.5 hours each way. My exact schedule for that weekend still remains to be seen but last weekend of March always has something soccer related in it. Though, $62.50 per night and day skiing + taxes and then gas for the weekend is not bad when considering the size of the resort but at 430 miles RT for me, that's a large chunk of change for gas and tolls which drives the effective price per day skiing up a lot (money is tight and I must take the best deal available for a large resort which usually ends up going on the bus to keep it down to about $70/75ish effective but I still managed to pull $45 per day effective w/ gas on the ski and stay I did last year at Wildcat and will probably do a combo Cranmore and Bretton Woods this year at about $60 effective). So Jay and even $teaux ends up being more accessible for me as well as Loon and SR.

KTammaro

can't wait for AZ Summit 3.0

Had a great time last year, first tracks was the best part! (and free apps)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It's the secrete AlpineZone handshake

Just kidding .. actually that is a bit confusing, last year there was a printout to use. This year I am going to run a list of the people who are attending and we will use that as a check off list, so your name has to be on the list, by making at least one post in the official registration thread. . So just make sure you remember your username. That's all you need.