• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Am I nuts? Really?

Trekchick

Or am I in good company?
I have a quiver change for 2009 coming and, even though I have no possible chance to ski them until November, I can't wait to get them. Stooooopid! Why do I NEED them now?

I have a quiver of 5 skis.
Bro 99w
Bluehouse MR171 94w
Eos 88w(for sale)
Blizzard Mag SL 64w
Vintage The Ski 67ish w

My plan is to get a bump specific ski. The Hart F17 to be exact. After having demoed it at Abasin, I'm in love with this bump ski and see good things in my bump future with this addition to the quiver.
I'm also replacing my midfat with something a little narrower, since the 88 and the 94 waist are so close. Keeping the boutique skis is my intention at this point.
The midfat I'm getting is LOW end of midfat at 77 w, the Hart Stage1.

Anyone else have something in the works for next season and anxiously awaiting the UPS delivery?
Why? I'm really sick:oops:

For me it's too early to work on next seasons quiver...I'm still paying off the 07-08 ski season.

Although I have five pairs of skis..only 3 of them are relatively new..

Elan S12 04-05...176cm..112-67-100..nice on solid ice and hardpack
Atomic LT11s..170cm..66 underfoot..17m turn radius..great for Nastar..decent in bumps..
Rossi Scratch Sprayer BCs..182cm..88 underfoot..good all mountain ski..

What I want..something fat..maybe like 90-95mm underfoot..with alot of sidecut..
Something a little skinnier than mid-fat..like 75-80mm underfoot that's really stiff for ice coast hardpack..

For next season I also want a new jacket or two..wearing the same ski jacket everyday is lame..I want a jacket quiver...a definitely want another steeze jacket with a wild print..and maybe something more subdued..the local ski shop has some great August deals on jackets..A friend bought a $300 Patagonia jacket for 80 bucks..

wa-loaf

I don't know about nuts, but you must have a pretty good disposable income. If I didn't have kids, I'd probably be doing the same thing. Jealous.

Trekchick

no more ski panties? :???: :lol:
;)

For me it's too early to work on next seasons quiver...I'm still paying off the 07-08 ski season.

Although I have five pairs of skis..only 3 of them are relatively new..

Elan S12 04-05...176cm..112-67-100..nice on solid ice and hardpack
Atomic LT11s..170cm..66 underfoot..17m turn radius..great for Nastar..decent in bumps..
Rossi Scratch Sprayer BCs..182cm..88 underfoot..good all mountain ski..

What I want..something fat..maybe like 90-95mm underfoot..with alot of sidecut..
Something a little skinnier than mid-fat..like 75-80mm underfoot that's really stiff for ice coast hardpack..
for the 75-80, I'd go for the Hart (08model Fuelie Stage 1) 09 Model Pulse
77 waist. Carves nicely yet has the substantial ability to play in chop and powder.
I demoed that at ABasin on the 10+ inch powder day and had big grins!!!

My Bluehouse MR171 was cheap at the time I got it with 94 under foot, it performs well but its not well built. I will not likely sell it because it owes me nothing yet I'm not confident it would take a second set of holes and hold up.

The Fischer Watea has a nice range in the mid 90's. You should look at them. In fact I think someone on epic has some for sale.

The Hart Boss is 91 in the waist, and I've heard good things about it too, but haven't had the pleasure of trying it.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting the 08 model(stage 1) if there are any left in my size, or if I'm getting the 09 Pulse(or womens version Hart Beat), but I know I'm getting that ski!!!!

I have hart on the brain right now because of the great times demoing last week. Sorry if it seems I'm droning on about them.:smile:

drjeff

I'll have to see if the mood strikes me in the fall. Right now, new additions to the quiver would rank about 10th on my "toy wish list"

Oh Yeah and you're not nuts because skiing is what you like to do and you're a gear whore. You compensate for living in Michigan by having alot of skis..

Trekchick

Is anyone else drooling over new ski quiver additions that can't be used for a while?

I'm actually looking at my budget(yes I DO have to budget) to see if I can afford the ESA Chilli trip, complete with Heli skiing.
Not enough coin for that :(

jack97

Is anyone else drooling over new ski quiver additions that can't be used for a while?

I rather do instead of own.

I even use my extra dalbellos to do a dryland exrcise.... ok call me crazy

awf170

Adding one ski. So the quiver is now:

Scott Aztec + Freerides 175cm, 78mm waist = everyday ski
Praxis Powder Ski + Naxo21 175cm, 125mm waist = powder ski
PMgear Bros + Dynafits 179cm, 99mm waist = touring ski