• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

am i the only one counting the hours till tomarro morning?

cyrk007

my car is packed.. house is clean... dishes done.. bills organised.. laundry done..I feel like a crack addict looking at a giant rock.. watching out the window at the snow accumulating....

am i the only one that feels this way? Im obsessed and addicted... this cant be normal :)

ctenidae

You're in the company of friends, there, cyrk007.
I'll be on the road in 10 hours, 34 minutes and 14 seconds.

skidbump

rained in catskills would have blown off fri and skied fri sat sun...but sinceit rained only going sat and sun

Jay Levitt

Not at all... I have to be back to Boston tomorrow night, but I'm getting up bright and early and hitting Sunapee for the day... wish I could go somewhere for the weekend.

swade2469

Will be hitting either Pats or Gunstock after work tomorrow. My car is packed, dishes done ... only to get to work and bust A*s so I can leave early. Word

Masskier

I drove up to Burke earlier this evening. It was quite a ride, especially after Canon. They got 14-16 and its still snowing. I will be skiing first tracks all daaay tomorrow.

Jay Levitt

So here's the real question... I'm not strong enough yet to hack a full day on the slopes, so it's either arrive late or leave early. I'm still up at 2am, so I tend to favor arrive late, even though I know morning snow will be better snow. BUT...

I'm never driving this early and I never drive 128 anymore. Which is going to be worse the night after a snow - driving at 8am at the beginning of rush hour peak, or driving at 9:30 with the charred, accident-strewn aftermath of a snowy, slushy rush hour?

Boston drivers?

ctenidae

Heh- I live in town, Jay, so I can't comment on 128 rush hour. If you're up early enough to make any difference and read this, though, I'd leave way early (before 8) or after 10 or 10.30.
I'll be at Sunapee all day, too.

hammer

Jay Levitt said:
I'm never driving this early and I never drive 128 anymore. Which is going to be worse the night after a snow - driving at 8am at the beginning of rush hour peak, or driving at 9:30 with the charred, accident-strewn aftermath of a snowy, slushy rush hour?
Boston drivers?
If you want an easier drive, leave later. For a better ski day, however, you might want to get out early, even if it means fighing your way through traffic.
Looks like Sunapee will be where I'll be on Sunday...I plan to be packed and ready to leave so that I get there before the lifts open. With two kids to drag out on a Sunday morning, that may not really happen, but I can hope.

Vortex

Good luck dragging the kids hammer. :D I only have 1 this weekend easier to drag. I looked 36 is tyngsboro not 34 my mistake from yesterday. High jacking the thread, but next thursday night AZ mini get together at Nashoba if anyone want to come. See ski trips folder.

hammer

Bob R said:
Good luck dragging the kids hammer. :D I only have 1 this weekend easier to drag. I looked 36 is tyngsboro not 34 my mistake from yesterday. High jacking the thread, but next thursday night AZ mini get together at Nashoba if anyone want to come. See ski trips folder.
Yep...after considering it, Loon might be an better option next year when just me and my son go skiing.
BTW, you were right on the exit; Tyngsboro's actually exits 34 through 36.