• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

American Hostage Reported Beheaded

Joshua B

My feeling is that the end of the world starts in the Middle East. I don't think we're ever going to see the situation in the Middle East get better than it is today. And that is not an encouraging thought.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Joshua B said:
My feeling is that the end of the world starts in the Middle East. I don't think we're ever going to see the situation in the Middle East get better than it is today. And that is not an encouraging thought.

At this point in time I would tend to agree, especialy since it seems the kidnap of Paul Johnson seems to have had some "inside" help from Saudi police forces. I'm not saying the government condones any such help, but there are known Al-Qaeda sympathizers (?sp) within the Saudi government. Makes it hard to trust a supposed ally when he's helping the enemy.

Who here thinks that in about 20 years or so we'll be back over there trying to get rid of the same idiots we put in power?

An interesting point was made on the radio this morning. These militant groups want to see us leave Iraq, yet every person they kidnap or every car bomb that kills troops will keep us there even longer. They ain't too bright...

ChileMass

Have some faith in western democracy - it took us 75 years to end communism, and it may take that long to bring the Islamic world into the 21st century. However, the Muslims have a much bigger carrot (oil money) hanging in front of them than the commies ever did (worker rights). It probably won't take as long to persuade Muslims that they are better off living in houses instead of hovels, and being educated instead of ignorant.

What needs to happen is for the Muslim middle class to develop some balls and stand up to the religious fanatics. As I have said before, the overwhelming majority of Muslims (Arabs, Turks, Iranis, Afghans, etc) want to coexist peaceably with the west. The problem is if they stand up to the religious class, they are targeted for death, so they are afraid and need external help. So if we can help minimize or ideally eliminate the fanatics, the middle class can regain its economic power and progress has a chance.

Charlie Schuessler

I went to college with several mid-east fellows in the mid-seventies. The Saudi, Iraq & Iranian governments sent students overseas to be educated and hold their family hostage so they would study hard and return. And except for sending women as well as men nowadays, I don't believe the scenario has changed much….

U

Uno

I find it hard to believe something like that is possible. That would be a huge story for almost any news organization if it were a normal occurance.

It's possible that in a few specific cases something along those lines were done but to say it is a national policy in those countries is a bit far fetched.

M

mryan

i'm not a conspiracy junkie, but there are some strange things going on the taped beheading of daniel berg. one of these oddities is common to each of the three beheadings: the orange prison jumpsuit(incidently, exactly like the ones worn at abu ghairab(sp?)) that the hostages are wearing. why would terrorists dress these people up in prison garb? is it symbolic? or is it an indication that things are not what they seem. check out all the other oddities in the videotape(for example: a man's head is cutoff and there is no sign of spurting blood?) by google search daniel berg. the thought that these were faked poses the question: who, if not terrorists, would be motivated to create such hoaxes? the answer is simple.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
mryan said:
i'm not a conspiracy junkie, but there are some strange things going on the taped beheading of daniel berg. one of these oddities is common to each of the three beheadings: the orange prison jumpsuit(incidently, exactly like the ones worn at abu ghairab(sp?)) that the hostages are wearing. why would terrorists dress these people up in prison garb? is it symbolic? or is it an indication that things are not what they seem. check out all the other oddities in the videotape(for example: a man's head is cutoff and there is no sign of spurting blood?) by google search daniel berg. the thought that these were faked poses the question: who, if not terrorists, would be motivated to create such hoaxes? the answer is simple.

Wag the dog, eh? :blink:

Jaytrek57

the thought that these were faked poses the question: who, if not terrorists, would be motivated to create such hoaxes? the answer is simple.

WTF!?!

You know what...never mind...I don't know even know where to begin to respond to such unfounded, unsubstantiated, ...arrgghhhh. :x

skican

Wow me too! That was a description I definitely did not need to hear let alone see it! How many times did you watch that tape?

Don't think for one minute they aren't truly taking peoples heads off. It's to shock us....no foolin!