• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone used Atomic's Snoop Daddy in NE?

Beetlenut

Just wondering, if anyone has used/demoed them around NewEngland...and if so, any opinion of them.
Thank You....
I skied on a pair of them all last season. Light ski with a large turn radius (19m). Great ski in crud, chowder, and powder. More work than I wanted in bumps and glades though! I sold them at the end of the season, and picked-up some Salomon Tornado's for this season.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
I got this ski for my husband for half off at the end of last season, and he loves it. Not just for crud and powder, either. He says it's great for everything (though he's not a bump skier).

bigbog

Snoops lose out to Dynastar's Mythic...(price too good)..

Thanks Diva...well,
Just jumped at the rather inexpensive Mythic Riders...online....enjoyed the ski so much and the prices are pretty nice.
I DID demo them last season and really enjoyed them...just a perfect ski for my weight, my less than expert skills, and my sometimes hopping and sliding around between rocks and trees...;-)
At the time I still thought about the Snoop Daddys, but did only get to ski them 2 seasons ago on a morning with ~8-10" of very, very light snow....for only a short time, which left me still wondering about them in more normal NewEngland snow.

Last edited:

Beetlenut

Thanks Diva...well,
Just jumped at the rather inexpensive Mythic Riders...online....enjoyed the ski so much and the prices are pretty nice.
I DID demo them last season and really enjoyed them...just a perfect ski for my weight, my less than expert skills, and my sometimes hopping and sliding around between rocks and trees...;-)
At the time I still thought about the Snoop Daddys, but did only get to ski them 2 seasons ago on a morning with ~8-10" of very, very light snow....for only a short time, which left me still wondering about them in more normal NewEngland snow.

Probably a better choice for your skiing needs!

Philpug

If I had to ski an Atomic in the east, that would be it. Real nice ski.

bigbog

..To tell you the truth!....

Hart...Phil?..
I wanted to wait and check out(well, I probably will at some time regardless;-)) some Harts, but the Mythics at 172...gave me everything I want right now...plus the darn prices right now...for me, right now...I couldn't ignore.