• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attitash Opening Date

Edd

Funny that Yeg and Brad skied both places yesterday. I'm staying with friends right now in the MWV that also skied both yesterday. They were loving the fresh snow. They did Attitash before lunch and the Cat after.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Yeg or Brad, do you think Attitash or Wildcat will offer the better product Thursday morning?

Neither area's current offering excites me much to make the drive up there. I'd rather stick closer to home and ski what Crotched has open for a few hours, but they don't open until 1 and my availability to ski is only during the morning.

....or I do have a voucher to Bretton Woods I could use, so that might be the best option for me at this point even though they pretty much have only low intermediate terrain open.

This is my first year buying a Granite Pass and I didn't have huge expectations for early season product at these areas with Crotched being far south, Attitash low elevation and Wildcat never historically having great snowmaking. I need to keep those expectations in mind before getting too frustrated with Peaks efforts at these areas so far. They definitely need to put the peddle to the metal over the next week or so though. As of right now with Loon only, Boyne is offering 100 more acres of skiing tomorrow than Attitash and Wildcat combined. Even if Crotched were open, Boyne would have 50% more terrain at one area alone to offer their customers than what Peaks is providing in NH across three mountains. Mount Snow in VT, seems to be well behind their competition right now too. I'm sure come January, I'll forget all about this conversation and be thrilled skiing Wildcat et al., but right now things don't look positive for Peaks in the east. Unless Mother Nature helps out in a big way, they need to kick it up a notch.

Mountsnow also being the most south in Vermont usually hurts their early season snow making.

Brad J

Yeg or Brad, do you think Attitash or Wildcat will offer the better product Thursday morning?

Neither area's current offering excites me much to make the drive up there. I'd rather stick closer to home and ski what Crotched has open for a few hours, but they don't open until 1 and my availability to ski is only during the morning.

....or I do have a voucher to Bretton Woods I could use, so that might be the best option for me at this point even though they pretty much have only low intermediate terrain open.

This is my first year buying a Granite Pass and I didn't have huge expectations for early season product at these areas with Crotched being far south, Attitash low elevation and Wildcat never historically having great snowmaking. I need to keep those expectations in mind before getting too frustrated with Peaks efforts at these areas so far. They definitely need to put the peddle to the metal over the next week or so though. As of right now with Loon only, Boyne is offering 100 more acres of skiing tomorrow than Attitash and Wildcat combined. Even if Crotched were open, Boyne would have 50% more terrain at one area alone to offer their customers than what Peaks is providing in NH across three mountains. Mount Snow in VT, seems to be well behind their competition right now too. I'm sure come January, I'll forget all about this conversation and be thrilled skiing Wildcat et al., but right now things don't look positive for Peaks in the east. Unless Mother Nature helps out in a big way, they need to kick it up a notch.

I would go to bear peak side of attitash, its going to be very cold and the lift is a detachable quad and lodge is few steps away and illusion is a great trail to run laps on. you will get a lot of quality vertical there

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was at attitash today. It was quite good. The conditions on the attitash side were better than the bear side, but you have to deal with the slow ass double. If I were going tomorrow I'd start at bear and rip a bunch of runs on illusion then head over to attitash for a few runs. Most fun trail today was tightrope as it was all snowmaking whales. I bet they groom it out tonight though.

Gforce

Yesterday Illusion was great, I probably did a dozen runs then went over to the Attitash side which was just ok. The whales were frozen on tightrope. Too cold for those slow lifts.