• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back From Europe

NHpowderhound

Sorry I havent posted in a while gang but I've been getting some "Forbidden Access" message for several months every time I clicked on the Forums tab on the AZ homepage :-?. I hope Greg isn't mad at me :wink: !

Well I just got home from a Medditerranian Cruise that left from Barcelona, Spain and sailed to Malta, three stops in Italy including Naples, Rome, and Livorno, then to Cannes, France where the film festival was in it's second to last day, and back to Barcelona.

There was just too much to write about for a Trip Report. I saw buildings that were around before the New Testament. I sailed seas so smooth you could have waterskied open ocean from Spain to Africa. I saw from the ship two continents including: Spain, Tunisia, Algeria, Sicily, Italy, Sardenia and France. I smoked a Cuban Cigar every night complimented by a double congac. I ate some of the finest food on the planet. And I shared it all with a beautiful woman. Life can be very good when you work hard.

Here are some pictures. I still havent uploaded my Malta or Rome pictures yet but I think these will still say a thousand words.

Naples and Pompei
Naples-PompeiMay2009001.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009003.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009013.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009025.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009036.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009045.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009050.jpg

Naples-PompeiMay2009056.jpg

Livorno
Medditeranian5-2009002.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009003.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009009.jpg

Cannes
Medditeranian5-2009021.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009023.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009032.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009044.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009046.jpg

Medditeranian5-2009049.jpg

We had such a great time. If any of you guys have ever thought about this trip it's really not that expensive. We sailed ncl.com and got a great stateroom at a great price. I would reccomend NCL but we diddnt have children with us.

Hopefully next time I try to log on I can get into the forums!

((*
*))NHPH

TheBEast

My wife and I did a very similar cruise for our Honeymoon in July 2007 with RC out of Barcelona, with stops in Italy, Greece and Turkey.....oh these pictures bring back memories! Europe was such a blast. Neither of us can't wait to go back.

awesome pictures...nice Ferrari!!! I need to get back to Europe soon..it's been almost 8 years since I went over there last.

Glenn

Very cool! I need to take my wife there some day; she's never been.

dmc

Taking my woman to Paris next month.. Psyced!

Trekchick

I haven't been to Europe but I have dreams of going to Italy. My Niece just went on a backpack through Europe for two weeks and said it was the trip of a lifetime. I'm soooooo Jealous!

dmc

I haven't been to Europe but I have dreams of going to Italy. My Niece just went on a backpack through Europe for two weeks and said it was the trip of a lifetime. I'm soooooo Jealous!

Find a cheap flight to a major city in Europe and get on a train! Trains are crazy cool there...
When i go to Frankfurt for work - a train to Amsterdam or Paris is not that expensive and gets you there in a few hours from Frankfurt....

Trekchick

^^^ that's what my niece and her friend did.
They flew into Amsterdam and then took "the rail"

She said that I was #3 on her list of people she would ask to go.
First two were friends her age, then me........not bad ranking for a 42 year old aunt, eh?

I may do this with her next time. :)

dmc

^^^ that's what my niece and her friend did.
They flew into Amsterdam and then took "the rail"

She said that I was #3 on her list of people she would ask to go.
First two were friends her age, then me........not bad ranking for a 42 year old aunt, eh?

I may do this with her next time. :)

do it!!! It's so easy you'll regret waiting ! :)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Great pics NHPH!

Europe is amazing. I love it....Haven't been there in a few years....but the wife and I had 3 amazing trips to Europe before we had our girls.

Italy is probably my favorite....but the views in Greece...especially Santorini are surreal. There are so so so many more places in Europe that I want to go and experience. Everyone really should go at one time or another.

playoutside

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like a great trip.

I'm headed back to visit Greece next week. Looking forward to seeing Crete for the first time this trip. Beautiful scenery, incredible ruins/history, great food and people.

Have been many places in Europe and would encourage everyone to just pick the place that intrigues you and go for it. I've traveled by train and car and definitely vote for the train. So much to see from the train that you miss as a driver; no grief of parking the cars; no paying for fuel. When we toured Italy by train, we would pickup some bread, cheese and something to drink before we boarded; it was awesome to sit and stare and snack as the countryside rolled by.

It's not cheap to go to Europe anymore, but this year is better than the last few. The dollar is a bit stronger and hotels are more desperate so rates are a bit better. If you can afford to go, but feel overwhelmed by the choices, consider a tour or a cruise.