• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

BC Poconos 2/5/21

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Resort or Ski Area
Backcountry
Date
Feb 5, 2021
Snow Conditions
  1. Sticky
After work BC tour of my favorite hiking trail almost 40f and partly cloudy . Too late for powder but lots of cover . Arrived and skinned up a set of ATV tracks and gave up on that and broke trail between the tire tracks. I've been drinking to many IPA's and haven't been working out but the weather was nice but the South slope made the mank hard to push through .
The trail has a number of switchbacks and I bailed before the top thinking it would be tracked up by hikers. I traversed over and found only a boarder and one skier left me some untracked. The run down was almost as much effort as the uphill and my quads were burning . A nice day but the skiing sucked .
Good to see other people getting out there I just wished my timing would have allowed some powder turns ...IMG_E5499.JPG