• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 2/16/2014

goldsbar

[Edit - Title s/b 2/15/2014]
It really doesn't get any better. Snow all day. Surprisingly limited crowds most of the time. Powder in the woods with plenty of coverage, good snow on the trails. I couldn't understand why they had close signs on the lower angle glades. They were routinely ignored but why have them?

Props to my 6 and 8 y/o for making the hike across to the top of Cathedral Brook without a complaint. Dad carried the skis:wink:

I'm sure Pkill was just as good if not better. If you have the opportunity to go before the warm up, take it!

powhunter

Thanks for the report. plan on hitting Platt on Monday and the bell on tues. How was the mogul scene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k123

Best day of the season for me so far. The coverage was great and the woods have plenty of powder left. It snowed about 5 inches throughout the day as well.

Jersey Skier

Surprised to hear it wasn't too crowded. I rode the lift with a woman at Platty who had tried Belleayre first. She and her family couldn't get rentals at Belleayre because the mountain had run out. So they drove over to Platty to ski.

goldsbar

Surprised to hear it wasn't too crowded. I rode the lift with a woman at Platty who had tried Belleayre first. She and her family couldn't get rentals at Belleayre because the mountain had run out. So they drove over to Platty to ski.

Yes, parking lot was full and even the parking lot of the independent shop at the bottom was full at 8:15am. Somehow didn't translate to the lifts (most of the time). Maybe the beginner area was really crowded? Didn't go down there.

Mapnut

Sunday about 9:15 I gave up trying to park in the upper lot as cars were backed up (not parked) along the road past the Tomahawk base. I turned around and parked at the Discovery Lodge. Then I nearly gave up trying to get to the rest room through the narrow hallway in which the line for the rental shop was backed up. Liftlines were tolerable, though, and Belleayre does spread the skiers out well. That's the siver lining of that long flat ridge.