• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member

zeke

If one of the pieces in the plan really starts to stink, how long until it is cut off?
hasn't the airport already been put "on hold" (I think AG2 was involved there as well as he's a pilot, but could e wrong) and the German window factory killed? What projects are working aside from Jay?

Quietman

The picture I was talking about above is the one on the VTDigger home page where the recent article are listed. Still weird that they somehow got ahold of a picture I took in 2006 :dontknow: http://vtdigger.org/
Kingdom-trails-1024-220x140.jpg

It's also on Esquire.com HERE

dlague

This goes way beyond locals. I'm from Montreal. I mostly ski Jay peak but I've skied Burke and I hit the kingdom trails regularly in the summer and fall. This pisses me off. I'll make sure I stay off the QBurke trails al-year round. Qburke should realize that they have solid competitions in lift-accessed Mountain biking. What really makes this place so special is the Kingdom trail network, NOT Qburke.

At this stage, we will not be visiting Burke at all this year! This type of stuff is a turn off! The MTB competition is increasing with more resorts offering this type of adventure. Kingdom Trails is well known already and is established in the MTB community. In fact, the services in the area benefit because of that. Taking away the down hill portions of KT MTB and all the work that they put into it does not seem right either.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
At this stage, we will not be visiting Burke at all this year! This type of stuff is a turn off! The MTB competition is increasing with more resorts offering this type of adventure. Kingdom Trails is well known already and is established in the MTB community. In fact, the services in the area benefit because of that. Taking away the down hill portions of KT MTB and all the work that they put into it does not seem right either.
I'm having a hard time with this too. I'm thinking my skins are going to be worn out by the end of this year :dontknow:.

kingdom-tele

They don't care.

It isn't about skiing, it isn't about community, its about money, its about infrastructure that doesn't rely on skiing. Boycott all you want. I am pretty sure they could give a shit. Besides, people will still pay them to ride the lifts, the trails are there, they can just raise rates to cover the cost for trail work.

If it grinds people's gears, maybe put your money into KT winter trail system, fat bike, xc ski, etc. The area shouldn't have to suffer because captain communication is making business decisions. Whatever, the NEK lived on prior to this mess, and will sure as hell live well beyond this clusterf^&#

NEK- I dare you to wear your skins out. :)

Smellytele

This year is the first year in the last 6 that I will not be going to Burke at least once.
As I noted in the Magic thread biggest losers this year so far - Magic, Burke, Cannon and Wildcat. 4 of my favorite places

xlr8r

Add me to the list of people who will now "Quit" going to Q Burke. I was going to go there next week along with Cannon, but their new attitude will prevent me from giving them any of my money. I guess it will be Bretton Woods or Loon instead who receive some of my cash.

dlague

They don't care.

It isn't about skiing, it isn't about community, its about money, its about infrastructure that doesn't rely on skiing. Boycott all you want. I am pretty sure they could give a shit. Besides, people will still pay them to ride the lifts, the trails are there, they can just raise rates to cover the cost for trail work.

If it grinds people's gears, maybe put your money into KT winter trail system, fat bike, xc ski, etc. The area shouldn't have to suffer because captain communication is making business decisions. Whatever, the NEK lived on prior to this mess, and will sure as hell live well beyond this clusterf^&#

NEK- I dare you to wear your skins out. :)

Well maybe if the community suffers then the community will step up! Currently the community is being stepped on!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Food for thought here: on FB Burke has 8,200 likes. KT has 7,200 likes. Just throwing that out there....

kingdom-tele

Stepped on? Pay to play.

or don't

other than Ide and the crew that dropped their lives into making those trails, who is getting stepped on? You guys crack me up, pedal your ass up the hill. I like how everyone is jumping ship as if that somehow that gets the message the to Q, he just lets more people go when the bottom line is out of reach, way to stick it to the man. Ski it, support KT, support the NEK, I don't get the imaginary lines being drawn.

Zand

I'll only be stepping foot on Burke this year once to use my FOX44 pass. Otherwise, I'll gladly stay away as well. It bothers me to be going to Jay too, but at least the skiing will be worth it since they actually leave their glades intact instead of destroying them to "clean them out".