• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

tree_skier

yes F&B revenue is very large, that $1000 is just the space and seeing as they have a liquor license no out side booze so big money just there.

cdskier

Never underestimate the photo op option on and at the top of the tram for a big draw with today's selfie crowd

I'm a big fan of wedding pictures of couples riding a regular chairlift myself. The ones I've seen are pretty damn cool looking!

BenedictGomez

State taking it over? Yeah, right.

Jay Peak will have offers.

Personally I wouldn't be shocked in the least bit if State of Vermont takes Burke over as an operationally money-losing taxpayer-funded charity rather than allowing it to NELSAP. Politicians dont like job losses (especially their own). Just take a look over the Lake at New York.

yeggous

Yeah, I thought that only one of the ideas was realistic. Two were jokes. The Coop is not feasible for that size operation. State taking it over? Yeah, right.

Yeah because who has ever heard of the government running a ski area? (Sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah because who has ever heard of the government running a ski area? (Sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

True but I just don't see Vermont doing it. But then again anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone