• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bluetooth Speakers on the hill

mister moose

Riding Bonnie @ JP this AM. One of those "look at me" types, blasting some sort of noise rode under my chair just as a phone was ringing on the chair ahead. Blows. So much for serenity of mountains.

Serenity of mountains???

You mean mountains where they sell lift tickets to thousands to ride up motorized couches and slide down en masse?

Hey, your neon jacket is hurting my eyes! And that waffle smell is obnoxious! And get off my lawn!

Glenn

I'm curious what you mean by this... You find it annoying when people have their earbuds in on the lift? How come?

I'm not challenging you, I'm just wondering because I will do that sometimes. I'll usually take one earbud out when I get on the lift in case the person I'm riding up with wants to strike up a conversation. If silence prevails, I'll pop the earbud back in...

But if that's annoying to people, that would be good to know....

When I'm on one end of the 6 pack and I can hear the music from the ear buds of the person on the other side.

ironhippy

You mean mountains where they sell lift tickets to thousands to ride up motorized couches and slide down en masse?

this is my attitude as well, if I'm looking for serenity, I stay away from the ski resorts (at least when they are open, they are very peaceful in the spring after they've closed)

Whitey

About 2 yrs ago I was somewhere is So VT (Stratton, mt sno, etc, can't remember which) standing in a lift line. I start to hear some music that quickly gets progressively louder. A guy rolls up into the liftline with a back pack that's got some kind of stereo system in it and he's got speakers mounted at his sides facing forward. The speakers & backpack were larger than I would have thought. He turned it down a bit once he got in the lift line but he was popping ear drums before that.

I commented to him "that's quite the setup" and the guy nodded. I remember thinking that's not something I would ever do (too obnoxious) but I had to give the guy credit for the $ and effort it must have taken to set that system up. I guess I haven't reached the "get off my lawn" stage of my life yet because I was somewhat ambivalent about the whole thing. Didn't like it, didn't hate it. Part of me thought that on a nice 50 degree spring day, skiing some soft bumps and rocking out some tunes from a setup like that - that would actually be pretty cool.

In my ski bum days out west my go to music in my walkman (yes I am dating myself) was Aerosmith's "Live Bootleg" album. Try crushing a mogul run with a live version of "sweet emotion" playing in your ears - I highly recommend it. Must have listened to that 500 times over 2 seasons. Don't do it anymore, but it was fun at that time.

jaybird

Each his own.
Consideration is the missing element.
That pertains to things well beyond 'in your face' music.

Resorts pump tunes out to their patrons as well. That's life.
Seeking serenity? Perhaps a long walk on an outer beach ...

Chewing gum and skiing must be a challenge for some.

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Serenity of mountains???

Hey, your neon jacket is hurting my eyes! And that waffle smell is obnoxious! And get off my lawn!

:roll: You're quite correct. All was forgotten (until seeing this topic) when I ducked into Canyonland and, found what I was looking for.

makimono

Where can you get them?

And do they make them with suction cup mounts so you could stick a speaker on each end of your board and ride in Dubly?