• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Pursuit

How Far will the Bruins go in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

• Win 2nd round vs Philly

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lose 2nd round vs Philly

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Win Conference Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose Conference Finals

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Lose Stanley Cup Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win Stanley Cup Finals!!!

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wa-loaf

This is Vancouver's game to lose. If they win we walk away having taken the best team in the NHL to game 7 of the finals and still look great especially since we have been better sports than they are. We win and it's a huge upset that Vancouver will never live down. All the pressure is on them tonight. Knock them off their game early and score a goal and the cup is ours.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is Vancouver's game to lose. If they win we walk away having taken the best team in the NHL to game 7 of the finals and still look great especially since we have been better sports than they are. We win and it's a huge upset that Vancouver will never live down. All the pressure is on them tonight. Knock them off their game early and score a goal and the cup is ours.

I agree. I also feel as if they have been really bad sports on and off the ice.

Black Phantom

Lots o' folks jumping on the

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

ChileMass

The pressure is definitely on Vancouver. They have to win. They had the best regular season record, the Sedins are both MVP candidates, their goalie had the lowest goals against avg, they're at home, and their fans want it baaaaaad.....

So now the Bruins can go out and just have fun. I think they'll play loose, which is good because I thought they were kinda tight in Game 5 when they couldn't score. Just go enjoy yourselves, boys. Win or lose, they far exceeded everyone's expectations and can count this season and playoffs as a big success. If Vancouver loses, they will get crucified locally, all over Canada and all over the hockey world as soft.

First goal will be HUGE. Momentum goes big-time to the team that scores first. Bruins will test Luongo early and often. Thomas needs to remain solid. Bruins need to hit and take advantage of Canuck's players that are injured and out. Lucic needs to be a factor - hitting, carrying the puck and scoring. But - don't take stupid penalties, either.

Prediction - Bruins score first on Luongo, but he recovers and it's a tight game into the 3rd period. First team to 3 goals wins. It's the Bruins, 3-1.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bruins need to pound the puck glove side high. Just keep shooting. Luongo sucks at handling those shots. There have been plenty of soft goals in this series scored that way. Marchand's shot in Game 6 wouldn't have gotten by most goalies.

deadheadskier

Staff member
So proud!!

Karma Wins!!!

Perhaps more than any Boston Professional Sports title I've seen in my life, I really wanted this win for Boston and the New England region. How they played as a team, so much fight, so much heart, so much class (except for when it's time to not be classy), the Bruins players were the better PEOPLE in this series.

The Good guys won!!!!!

Boston Sports is a big reason why I live in New England. Because our teams represent our people. The best people in the world live in New England.