• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brazil makes soccer exciting

4aprice

No comment about the above story as it seems all too common in Football (soccer) crazy countries. But Brazil now has to be the favorite going into next years World Cup. They just thrashed Spain in the final of what ever tourniment they played this summer. Spain had not lost in like 30 games but Brazil scored on them in like the first minute and never let up.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
I think it's funny that with all the dramatic and stylized violence that we Americans produce and watch that this really seems to blow most folks away. Probably because it's real, not acted. I guess that I'm pretty used to these types of events from years of watching soccer, especially with South American teams whose fans literally live and die with the sport. But it's the same in England where violence and hooliganism is common. Pretty crazy stuff.

Edd

It's darkly hilarious that they've been cracking down on crime in preparation for the Olympics. Refs packing knives...followed by decapitation...okey-doke.

If the opening ceremonies were like a 200 man gang fight that would blow China's shit out of the water.

snowmonster

I hope Brazil win the World Cup next year so they can finally lay to rest their nightmare from 1950 when they lost the final at the Maracana. The goalkeeper on that fateful day basically lived like a pariah for the rest of his life.